Saving All My Love For You

Começar do início

"Well you have a point. And if I'm being honest with you, I actually don't mind Houston. After getting a proper feel for the place I've realised that long distance might not be all that bad," she said and he smirked.

"You really did miss me huh," he said smugly and she kissed her teeth before looking away from him. "But hey on serious note you'd really be willing to travel? I know it will interfere with your schedule massively,"

She gave him a nod. "I figured I could always make it work so that we organise it around meeting's that I'll have with the head of law here, and depending on what Ivan say's when I'm not needed in New York, I could maybe spend a couple of weeks working from the offices down here you know,"

He couldn't help but smile at the thought process she now had, just to make things work for them. "You got this all figured out mama. So what would you have done if I wanted to end things?" he asked, gaining him an eye roll. "I'm serious, I wanna know,"

"I guess I'd go back to the drawing board. I called it quits so I couldn't expect you to hang around waiting for me to come around. Even though you did,"

"I did," he mused. "But isn't it a beautiful thing that you won't have to do any of that?" he asked her and judging by the confused look she wore he would have to further explain. "I'm not staying here baby. I never was?"

She placed her hands on his chest as she moved away from him and stopped their gentle swaying for a moment. "What do you mean you never were? This was all a myth? What were you doing out here then,"

He chuckled at all the questions she now had, but she clearly wasn't amused. "I was here for the reason I intended to be, but even before I left I told Ivan I didn't intend on staying. Come here," he pulled her closer to him again and allowed her to rest against him as he continued. "He was persistent though, had me move out here and made it his mission to show me everything that came with the job in order to convince me to stay. I wanted no parts though, my heart was set on you," he said before placing a soft kiss on her temple. "We talked about it all when he got here on thursday and if I cut out the details, I'll be coming back to New York in the near future,"

"What are the details because you and I both know where shortcuts landed us last time," she asked and he laughed.

"The intention was for me to get my old job back, since Ivan had promised to keep it in case I changed my mind. However there's since been a new offer on the table. Ivan has presented me with the role of finance coordinator for the company. He said the role was initially offered to Jerome, but he turned it down and he had yet to find someone for the job. I would work mostly with Devon, but from a long distance perspective because he'd need a little more assistance than jerome would, but overall I'd be based in New York, which was perfect,"

She didn't say anything at first, and just like before he didn't push her too. When she finally did, he was definitely relieved to say the least. "Why didn't you just say?" she looked up at him with a smile that he mirrored.

"I didn't wanna end up giving you broken promises. I wasn't completely sure that I'd be back, so I at least wanted to be confident when I finally did tell you. It's the main reason I wanted to see you because I wanted to be sure I had a reason to come back before I agreed to,"

She shook her head as she took his face into her hands. "Well I'm all yours Aubrey and I hope that is reason enough for you to come back," she said before placing a soft kiss on his lips. The song was slowly nearing an end and it aligned perfectly with their conversation.

"It's a reason and thensome," He said before giving her another kiss. "Speaking of, why don't you come back to mine tonight. I feel we've got a little more catching up to do," he said, gently tucking her hair behind her ears. "I'm looking to leave out pretty soon, and I'd love for you to join me,"