Chapter 5

A year after living together with each other, both boys have this set up of theirs on a daily basis. The mornings were filled with silence but they weren’t uncomfortable. Only because Eddy wasn't a morning person, so Brett decides to be a dear and just be quiet. They have recently been having breakfast together so that clean up would be easy.

Eddy could not cook even if it meant saving his own life. He's also too lazy to iron his clothes because he says that it will get wrinkled again. Brett does these things for the both of them.

Brett, on the other hand, is really terrible at cleaning up the dishes and doing his laundry. Eddy gladly does this for them as a thank you for Brett for cooking him Asian cuisine most of the time. Everyone knows that Eddy cannot handle other types of cuisine. He absolutely cannot live without rice or bubble tea.

Afternoons are peaceful and quiet, most of the time they aren't around. But if one of them is, they’re usually practice sessions or study sessions.

Whenever time comes that they are both around, afternoons become fun. Maybe Eddy didn't have a test to study for, so he can listen to Brett's practice session. Sometimes, Eddy would also practice, and they occasionally play duets together. Or maybe, procrastinate and just chat with each other.

Evening comes and they catch up on each other's day, eating their dinner together. The peaceful atmosphere lulls Brett to sleep, while Eddy stays awake for a few more minutes to do several things, being the night owl he is. Eddy notices that Brett smiles in his sleep as he visits his room to check if he needs anything, which he thought was weird and creepy, but quite adorable. What he doesn't know is that he is the cause of this. Every day feels more exciting to live because it's with each other.

Eddy not being aware of the fact that his best friend, Brett, was terribly and hopelessly in love with him. He somehow feels his blood boil because of the thought of an unknown spectre in Brett's dreams. He feels this sensation start from the pit of his stomach and spreads throughout his bloodstream, fueling the desire to figure out why Brett Yang could smile like that by just dreaming.

He is itching to ask Brett about this but he can't bring himself to know the truth. Was it weird that he wants Brett's answer to be at least a part of him? He doesn't know what this feeling was but it sure is urging him to push through.

Brett never tells and Eddy never asks; too afraid of what the other might say. So, what Eddy does is push the urge away to thread his fingertips on Brett's hair and figure out why he feels this way.

Maybe, just maybe, there's a reason why he feels this way. Eddy just doesn't know that he might love his best friend the same way his best friend loves him, too.