Deciding that I wanted to try and be of some assistance, I called Anderson and had him bring over the case files to the hospital. I didn't want Delilah to hear about the gross nature of my work, so she went home with Cheryl for the day. I planned on making it up to Delilah for the rest of my life for not being as supportive as I could be these last two weeks.

After looking over the files, I gave Morgan a call. "Hey kid, what's up?"

"If it is about the art, his disposal site would be in the mission district."

"How do you know-"

"I had Anderson bring over the case files."

"Alright, I'll patch in Garcia." After a moment, Garcia's worried voice came over the phone. "Is he okay, what's going on?"

"Slow down, baby girl. He's on the line."

"Hi, Garcia. You should check out art galleries in the mission district."

"Okay. It's good to hear from you, Reid. How's everything going?"

"She moved a bit more," I explained as I glanced over at her sleeping figure, "but nothing else has happened. Just focus on the district."

I then hung up. I know it was a bit harsh shutting out my friends at this time, but I couldn't focus on anything these days. All that mattered was her, and I'm sure they understand that speaking to them wasn't a priority of mine right now.

As I continued to look over the files, something caught my eye. It could really help the team with their investigation, but I knew I couldn't explain it over the phone. I mulled over a decision before calling Garcia. "Reid, what can I do for you?"

"If you can, I need you to come to the hospital. I found something in the case and want to go help the team, but I can't leave her alone here."

"Don't worry, I'll be there in 10!"

I smiled as I hung up the call. I leaned over the bed and placed a kiss on her forehead. "I'm sorry I have to leave, but I know you'd want me to use my time and talents to help someone else in danger. Love you."

When Garcia came, I quickly thanked her and made my way to the airport, hoping on the next flight to California. I felt anxious while on the flight. This was the first time I had really left Ariel in two weeks and it was eating away at me. But I knew she was safe and with people I trust.

The flight landed and I made my way over to the station. I could hear them engaged in a conversation about why the unsub is doing what he is doing with the blood.

"It's a habit," I spoke up. They all turned their heads in shock as they came over to greet me. I accepted a hug from JJ as Hotch asked if I was ready to be back. "Not really, but I figured something out."

I explained to them that the unsub would be a hemophiliac. They slowly started to piece together the clues and called Garcia to try and get a name. "What can I do ya for?"

"Hey sweetness, we need a list of hemophiliacs in the area."

"That's so vague!" she frustratingly exclaimed.

"Look for people with Christmas disease," I suggested.

"Glad to hear you made it safe and sound, Reid. The lady and I are having a ball digging around for freaks."

"Thanks, Garcia."

We eventually narrowed it down to a man named Brian Hughes. As the team got ready to leave, Hotch came over to speak to me. "You didn't have to come back if you weren't ready. We all understand and are here for you."

"I know. But I have a feeling Ariel would be hounding me if I didn't try and help you guys." He gave me a sympathetic look before he went off with the rest of the team. I sat down at the table, looking to see if there was any other ways I could help the team. Then, a man came in. He reported that his boss went missing and there was a sign of a struggle. He even hung one of his works. I quickly called up Morgan to relay the information.

"Pretty boy, what you got for us?"

"He may already have his next victim. A man came in and reported his boss missing. There was a struggle and he hung a painting made of blood on the wall. Which got me thinking about Ariel. If this unsub wants recognition for an impact he thinks he's made, there's only one way he'll try to get it."

"Suicide. Thanks, Reid."

The call ended and I quickly wiped a stray tear that was starting to fall. The situations were different, but I couldn't help but compare the two unsubs. Cole didn't necessarily try to commit suicide, but injecting that drug into Ariel right in front of us was almost like he was giving himself a death sentence. 

The team caught the unsub and we were finally on our way home. I was sat at the back of the plane, making light conversation with JJ. "So I think I counted, what, five baskets?"

"Seven. But I gave one to Nurse Joy as a thank you."

Morgan walked over and leaned against JJ's seat. "Kid, if there's anything we could do for you, just let us know."

I smiled at my two friends. "I'm sorry for being a bit spotty these past few weeks."

"Spence, don't apologize. We understand," JJ said as she gave my hand a light squeeze. Once we made it back home, there wasn't enough time to go back to the hospital. I said goodnight to Cheryl and made my way into Delilah's bedroom. As I knelt down by her bedside, I noticed something in her arms. She was holding onto one of Ariel's sweaters, gripping it tightly in her sleep. I ran my hand over her hair before placing a kiss on her forehead. The young girl started to stir. "Daddy?"

"I'm here, Dee."

"Can I cuddle with you tonight? I miss mommy."

"Of course you can, sweetheart."

I picked her up, sweater still in her hand, and brought her into my room. Once I got ready, I joined her in the bed. Her body automatically curled up into me, her head buried into my chest. I placed one more kiss on her head before I gave into the pull of a dreamless sleep. 

Forever upset that they never gave Spencer kids in the show. Dad Spencer would have been adorable. Thanks for reading! Abby <3