Ryuuen: oh how cute Suzune. (Smug smile)

No, not probably. It was definitely an insult.
“I’m joking. Well, his differences from a mongoose aside, there’s nothing I can do to help. If there were a clear enemy and a goal, I might be of use. Besides, I’m still unsure whether or not we should use points, or even to what extent we should use them.”

A lone girl sat with her back up against a large tree. She wasn’t a Class D student. When she noticed us, she looked up and then quickly averted her eyes. Since she was from another class, it’d be fine for us to leave her alone, but the state she was in suggested that this was no trivial matter.
There was a red, swollen mark on her cheek. Someone had hit her pretty hard. When Yamauchi started to pass the girl, I grabbed him by the shoulder.

Ryuuen: kuku, see a damsel in distress.

Ibuki: How the hell can you laugh? Who do you think responsible?

“What?”
“Oh, uh…sorry. It’s nothing.”
I was going to say something, but he finally noticed the girl.
“Hey. What’s the matter? Are you okay?” Yamauchi called.
“Just leave me alone. It’s nothing.”
“Doesn’t look that way. Who did this to you? Should I call a teacher?”
Considering the swelling, it was easy to see that she was in a fair amount of pain.
“Just a class dispute. Don’t worry about it,” answered the girl, laughing in self-deprecation. Her voice was low and even, but it was clear she wasn’t feeling well. She seemed rather shaken.

Shinohara: hah! Ibuki-san sure should get a Oscar.

Ibuki: Shut your damn mouth. How many times I told those guys to leave me alone?

“So, what are you going to do? We just can’t leave you here.”
This was not our school campus. We were surrounded by jungle on all sides. In a couple hours, the sun would begin to set. If she were out here alone in the dark, it could be disastrous.
“We’re Class D students. Why not come to our base camp?”
Yamauchi turned to Sakura and me for approval. We nodded in agreement.
“Huh? What are you saying? There’s no way I could do something like that.”
“Well, I mean, wouldn’t you say it’s only natural to help someone in trouble?”
She seemed to not want to listen to us. She turned away and fell silent.
In most situations it would’ve been easy to leave her, but we couldn’t leave an injured girl in a place like this.
“I’m from Class C. In other words, I’m your enemy. You understand that, right?”
That wasn’t any reason not to help.
“But we just can’t leave you. Right?”
Both Sakura and I nodded. Still, the girl didn’t seem to want to move.

Ike: In the end, she was a spy.

Hirata: Still I think it was most appropriate not to leave her there in that state.

The smoke billowed, large enough to make a good smoke signal. Ike explained, “If you can see the smoke, you’ll be able to find the campsite even if you get lost, right?”
“Yeah, that’s how we returned to the camp so quickly. It’s all thanks to you, Kanji-kun!”

Sotomura: True. Ike-kun who has enough experience guided us through our stormy path and we could stand up under the sunlight again.
(He said emotionally)

Ike: idk how to react...but thanks I guess.

Sakura: Kiyotaka-kun also knew a lot about bonfire and stuff.( Airi said in one breathe)

Ayanokoji: Thank you Sakura.

This also meant we ran the risk of other classes finding us, though.
Kushida and several others realized this, and nodded in understanding. I would’ve thought that so much attention and respect would’ve given Ike a big head, but he wasn’t looking for praise from Kushida. Instead, he looked at Shinohara.
“Hey, Shinohara. I spent some time thinking about how I acted today, about the toilet and stuff and how stubborn I was. I was pushy because I wanted to save points. I’m sorry.”
“Wh-why are you apologizing to me all of the sudden?”
“I just remembered the first time I went camping. The toilet was awful, and of course there were bugs crawling around everywhere. Just about everything was dirty. I remember going to my parents, complaining how much I hated going to the bathroom and telling them I wanted to go home.
I’m sure it’s even worse for a girl…” Ike was amazing. He’d grasped the situation himself and handled things calmly. He had the potential to go far, unlike an ordinary person like me. It definitely took courage to say what he’d said. The courage and the apology came slowly, but Shinohara responded apologetically as well.