65

Chapter 65.1
Knowing that the family was worried about what harm she had suffered and that she might have been scared, Liu Yusheng told them everything, without reservation, except for the untold secret of cutting the rope herself.

Grandma Liu had helped Nannan bathe and checked her body. She had no injuries, so the family put their minds at ease.

At noon, Axiu, who had taken the villagers up the mountain to capture her kidnappers also returned.

"What happened, didn't you catch them?" Grandpa Liu asked, looking at the indignant villagers.

"Don't mention it. Those two had escaped! When we got to the cave, there was no one there! We searched the area for a while, but we couldn't find them either, so we don't know where they've hidden. But it's okay, as long as Nannan recognizes them. When we go to court and sue them, they won't get away!"

It had come to this, and the villagers had done their best to help, so Grandpa Liu couldn't say anything else.

But the Liu family would never leave this matter alone.

If Xiapo Village didn't give an explanation, he would go to the court to file a complaint.

It was said that people shouldn't fight against officials and ordinary people were afraid of them, so issues that could be resolved privately would never make it to the government.

But this time, he would give his all for his granddaughter. If the town didn't care, he would go to the county and sue. If the county didn't care, he would go to Shangzhou City and sue – all the way to the capital!

In short, he would never let those two scumbags go!

When Axiu walked into the hall, Chen Xiulan was still hugging Liu Yusheng tightly in her arms, while Grandma Liu, Liu Dalin, and Liu Erlin, gathered around her, refusing to move an inch.

Their lost treasure was back at home again. They were afraid that if they missed a glance of her, she would be lost again.

Their care inexplicably made Axiu a bit envious but also happy for Shengsheng.

However, he still didn't like to see Chen Xiulan hugging his Shengsheng.

Shengsheng could only be hugged by him alone.

"Brother Axiu!" When the little child saw him enter, her face immediately burst out with a bright smile, duly suppressing the trace of hostility that surfaced in Axiu's heart.

"Shengsheng." He walked over with a smile, took Liu Yusheng's hand, and pulled her out of Chen Xiulan's arms.

"I didn't catch them," he said.

"It doesn't matter. I've seen them, so they must not dare to go back to the village at this time. Then they'll have to live their lives hiding and wandering. They can't have a home to go back to, and they have to be like rats in the gutter that can't see the light of day. It's a punishment for them too, isn't it?" The little child tilted her head.

Even with these injuries, there was still no hatred, anger, or haze in her eyes.

They were so clean and clear that made someone ashamed of himself.

This kind of Shengsheng was so beautiful that someone wanted to hide and not to let anyone see her.

That way, he would be the only one who could see her beauty.

He embraced her and said as if taking an oath, "Shengsheng, I won't let your suffering be in vain."

He would avenge her. He would make those two people taste the punishment they deserved.

Liu Dalin, who was looking at the boy who was hugging his daughter with mixed feelings, found him an eyesore. But this little boy was the one who had saved his daughter.

If it wasn't for Axiu's suspicions, their family still would have been thinking that Nannan had really fallen into the Qinghe River.

In that way, what kind of torture would have Nannan continued to be subjected to in the hands of those two kidnappers? It would have been even possible that if they hadn't got there in time – those two could have gone crazy and really killed Nannan – then he would have completely lost his daughter!

"Axiu, thank you this time. I can't say anything nice, but from now on, I'll treat you like my own son!"

"Right, right!" Grandma Liu said, "In the future, Axiu is also our Liu family's child. Treat this place as your own home. As long as the boys at home have something, I will definitely give you a share as well."

Chen Xiulan, on the other hand, stepped forward and embraced the two children in her arms, choking. "Axiu, thank you, thank you very much!"

Everyone in the room looked at Axiu with gratitude. The feeling was so strong that it made him feel very uncomfortable.

Uncomfortable enough to momentarily ignore the fact that he was hugged by a stranger and couldn't avoid in time.

It took a while before Axiu lowered his eyes and said, "There's no need to thank me, Shengsheng is different."

In response, that got more gratitude and relief from the family. They thought Axiu's words that she was different meant that he treated Liu Yusheng as his sister, like a family.

Axiu wasn't inclined to clarify this misunderstanding.

Now that the child was found,  the family relaxed, and the exhaustion of the frightful night swept down like a tidal wave.

In the afternoon, the yard of the Liu family was very quiet. Everyone was snoring in their respective rooms, sleeping soundly and peacefully.

At midnight, all was quiet.

A small shadow sprang out of a hut and headed up Mount Luofu, instantly blending into the darkness.

The shadow finally stopped in front of the cave where he had been during the day, lit a turpentine torch he had brought out, and then sauntered inside.

Everything in the cave remained as it was during the day.

Even the two people lying on the ground hadn't shifted from their spots a bit. It was just that their eyes were wide open and their bodies were immobile, but their eyeballs turned towards the source of the sound.

When they saw their visitor, their pupils dilated greatly, filled with resentment and fear.

"You, what do you want?!" Laizi's hoarse voice cracked, trying to look tough, but was shaking deep inside.

Ande, on the other hand, tried to struggle with all his strength, screaming harshly in fear, "How did you make us like this? Quickly free us, let us go now!"

The small figure turned a deaf ear and instead approached step by step. His face reflected in the dim light was expressionless, his eyes obscured beneath his messy hair, making it hard for them to see clearly.

Axiu approached and stood still, stopping in front of the two. Only then did he slightly raise his pitch-black eyes.

Finally, Laizi and Ande saw those opaque eyes in the light, the deepest depths hiding a vicious and hideous beast!

Fear, overwhelmingly struck, and Ande's roaring turned into pleading, "Please, let us go! We'll never do it again!... I'll give you whatever you want! I've got silver too. I'll give you all the silver I have. Can you let me go?  I promise, I'll never show up in your presence again and won't come out to bother you! Let me go, spare me, spare me..."

Two stones in Axiu's hand, each hit the two on a certain acupoint.

Immediately, the feeling of confinement dissipated, and the two tried to sit up. They could actually move!

They were overjoyed and looked at each other, then at the little boy who was blocking their way. Both their eyes gleamed ruthlessly, and they lunged at him.

"Go to hell!"