'Thank you, William. If he looked at me any longer, I would have broken the nose on his already horrendous face.'

"Do you need something from me?" Argleton asks, looking quite annoyed at the two of us.

"No, I wouldn't say I need anything," William says while sitting in the chair opposite the lord, as I stand to the rear of him, my arms crossed behind my back. "You just looked somewhat bored sitting here, so I thought I might engage you in conversation," he continues as the earl looks even more annoyed.

"No, I'm really not..." he says, preparing to draw a puff from his cigarette before William interrupts him, making a slight humming noise.

"That suit is one you had tailored from Eden's, is it not?" William says, catching Argleton off guard. "And your ring-- the mounting is a bit elaborate, but it was crafted by Goldstein Jewellers, yes?" William begins to list off, the earl not noticing that he was listing the shops some of the lord's victims worked.

'Very sneaky, My Lord,' I'm tempted to say out loud, but that would ruin the surprise.

"You have quite the observant eye. Almost like a detective," the earls responds as I giggle in my head.

"Shall I keep guessing?" William rhetorically asks before listing off another belonging of the earl that came from his victim's shops. "The pocket watch you are now wearing came from R. Masters Clock Smith. Am I correct?" he rhetorically asks again, already knowing the answer.

"My word, how can you tell where my pocket watch is from without even seeing it?" Argleton asks, sounding impressed with William's deducting skills.

"Your hat is from Morgan Bros. Company," William tells the earl, no longer making it sound like he's guessing and that he knows. "The horses you own are stabled at the Shannon Racing Club," he continues as the earl's eye widen, figuring out what William was saying. "Further, you have taken an interest in the tones of the concertina of late,' William finishes while peering out the window, referring to the orphan victim

The nobleman's eyes darken as William starts to use a metaphor to describe him. "You prefer the meat of young hares, yes? Tender, not yet fully developed, so fresh it still drips with blood, which you take your time to savour, nice and slow," William says as the imagery made me slightly sick.

'Why did I even take this job if I get sick to my stomach at the thought of blood,' I think as Argletons face turns into a scowl.

"One other thing-- you do not appear to be very good at playing cards," William says, shaking me out of my thoughts as I look at the earl's face. The scowl turns into one of slight surprise. "Your inner thoughts are reflected all too readily upon your face," William finishes, making the earl widen his eyes in surprise, finding out he walked right into William's trap.

A very quiet chuckle comes from me, laughing at William's words and the earl's face. 'That makes the trip all worth it.'

"Excuse me, I just remembered an urgent matter I must attend to," Argleton says while standing up in urgency. As he walks away, I stare at the back of William's head, waiting for any orders.

"Now look what you did. Your chuckling scared him away," William sarcastically says, continuing to face forward in his seat.

"Whatever you say, my Lord," I reply, trying to sound serious, clearly failing. "What shall we do about him?" I ask him, referring to the earl who just ran away.

"I have a feeling everything will work out," William says while standing up and turning to face me. "But I'll need you to do something for me," he says, looking directly into my eyes.