19|•querencia•

Start from the beginning

The cold bites, crawling on his bruised skin.

Unnerving.

Blood drips and seeps out his palm, soaking the moss grass with crimson red. It flows, sluggishly, and dappled the corners of the blade's ragged edge within the brittle metal it reflects his features — an image of a growing teen with haunting eyes that seemed so dull. 

So unlike him. He was someone invigorating to be a man who would not give up. A man who doesn't lose faith. A man who is prepared to die for his comrades.

With the hurling of a large fist close to his face, he barely made it out alive.

He heaves a breath, his heart hammering erratically.

The mad laughter of that demon haunts him in his dreams.

A brush of soft coat bumps to his knee, and he jumps from the movement. Sabito blinked tiredly, unclenching his bruised fist, and shot a gaze towards the small sleeping fox.

" You called me,"  Recalling a soft-tone voice that instantly calms his heart.

The haziness in his eyes grows into soft and bright lilac ones.

Only the shrouds of darkness conjure a tinge of wirra: but a streak of a gentle light will relight a pious hope that's been once doused.

...

Hearing the faintest scampering of stealthy footsteps, she turns a blind eye to the sound. For most foxes, little things that distracted them like, the noise, would either have to scurry or distance away. Anna did neither.

Preferably, the demon fox settles to motion in an arc; hell-bent on chasing one's tails in boredom. 

She barks out a hearty yip, circling  and chasing her tails wildly like what foxes would commit in their spare time. Just now, when she had pounce in time on ambushing her fluffy tails.

The scruff of her furry neck was gingerly grabbed from the arm of someone she likely knows. And then the tiny fox was lifted effortlessly (only to wiggle in instinct with all her might to break free) from his hold. 

"Chu," the fox yelped in shock and saw his amused eyes staring at her. 

One second ago, she was startled out of her mind. And by this time, Anna was hissing with tails puffed up. It didn't sit well for her to be picked up. While she dangled in the air with great heights below from the ground, she ran before. 

Sabito, who seemed to note the spite of the fox, began to apologize to her for making fun of her.

'I can't believe that a fox demon like myself got scared of this human boy.' The fox lamentedly thought in shame.

Deciding to accept his apologetic act, not that she would willingly admit to him. Keen golden eyes wander to his face. She found his scratches had healed nicely. But what causes her to worry was the darkening beneath his candid eyes denotes that he's having little sleep at night. 

If only she didn't release a large amount of presence when she fought that hand demon. Then the stubborn creatures wouldn't come looking for her head.