I close the door and lean against it listening to Lyon's dad's heavy footsteps hitting the steps. I sigh and remember I never asked what his name was. Oh well, I'll ask Lyon tomorrow since I'm now his babysitter.

I sigh and walk to the kitchen pulling out the left-over pizza from last night and take a bite out of the cold cheesy pizza before throwing it back in the box not really feeling pizza, "Guess I should go grocery shopping," I sigh grabbing my bag again and putting my coat back on heading out of my apartment making sure the door is locked behind me before continuing down the stairs.

The New York streets have calmed down a bit so I'm not bumping into people while I walk. I follow the map on my phone leading me right to the grocery shops, "Remember how we did this back in Australia with Kayla for my parents because they were always out of town," I laugh at the happy memories, "See we all had such happy memories together so go back home and do the right thing Charlotte-Rose turn the bad person in," I tense up as the memories start playing me my head.

I shake my head and place the last apple in the bag before moving on to get a few more fruit and vegetables before grabbing some snacks, sweets, and some meat. I head to the checkout and pay for my items before heading out of the shop to find it dark outside with barely anyone walking around, "This ain't creepy at all," I whisper to myself before starting to make my way back home. I shiver as the cold wind hits me making me peek behind me making sure no one is following me. I shake my head, "It's just in your imagination," I mumble to myself slowly picking up pace.

"You should be careful Charlotte-Rose there is always someone you least expected out to get you," her voice rings through my head, "I would walk faster if I was you," she starts laughing maniacally taunting me.

I pick up my speed again and keep checking behind me as I approach my apartment building, I bolt up the stairs and shove the keys into the doorknob opening the door and quickly getting all my groceries inside before slamming and locking my door shut. I take deep breaths leaning against the door tears threatening to spill and all I can hear is her taunting laugh, "Oh god you should've seen the look on your face Charlie oh my god I wish I could take a photo," the tears that were threatening to spill disappeared and anger took over my body.

"Leave me the fuck alone I didn't do this to you and you know the reason why I can't turn them in it would ruin everything," I pick up the grocery's and start angerly putting them away, "And stop calling me Charlie we aren't friends remember we ended it with you because you were jealous of how close we are and when you realised you couldn't break us so you pulled a prank and we left you," I spit out before slamming my hands on the counter, "You're a selfish bitch you tried taking everything I loved away from me, my career, my boyfriend, my best friend even my dad you sick bitch just because my dad loved me and didn't leave me at home to go away for business trips as soon as I turned thirteen," I ball my hands into fist until my nails cut through my skin dripping blood down my knuckles, "Get out of my head and back into your grave six feet under ground where you fucking belong," I walk out of the kitchen and into the bathroom to rinse the blood off my hands waiting for a snicker and sly comment, anything but there's nothing at all there was silence which brings a smile to my face.

I change out of my work clothes and jump straight into bed not bothering to make something with the new food I just brought. I close my eyes enjoying the silence at last.

••••••

My alarm blares through my ears waking me up in a hateful way. I roll myself off the air mattress and onto the chilling floor instantly covering my body in goosebumps, but I don't care I'm glad it's winter in New York.

I bring myself off the floor and tie my hair in a quick messy bun throwing on some biker shorts and a plan jumper before grabbing my AirPods and stepping outside to be hit by the cold air filling my skin yet again with goosebumps.

I speed down the stairs of my apartment and instantly start running trying to clear my thoughts trying to escape reality.

My feet thump onto the pavement beating in time with my heartbeat. Sweat dripping down the back of my neck sliding down to my back. My heart feels like it's about to break through my ribcage letting me know I should stop but I don't I keep running like I always do. I run from my problems. I slam my body against an alleyway wall. My breathing is short and sharp burning in the back of my throat as I breathe.

I feel myself gasping for air. My vision blurs everything slowly becomes fuzzy, "Excuse me, Ma'am are you alright?" a deep raspy voice grows closer to me.

I shake my head trying to get rid of all the memories, "Y-yeah I'm good," I stutter looking up at him.

Holy shit! His ash-blonde hair was all messy indicating he was running too. His sweats exposed his v-line and seductively stop leaving the rest to my imagination, his deep brown eyes swallow me in lust, his exposed chest takes my attention away from his words.

I feel two massive hands placed on shoulders dragging me out of my thoughts, "Miss, here take this you look like you need it more," the handsome man holds out a Nike water bottle gesturing for me to take it.

I take the water bottle out of his hands and give him a small smile. I bring the tip to my mouth and let the refreshing cooling water run down the back of my throat, "Thank you," I murmur passing him back the water bottle, "Uh... I should go," I shove my AirPods back into my ears indicating to my feet to start thumping against the pavement again. I glance back over my shoulder to see him watching me running away from him.

I turn back around and continue my run home. I race up the stairs and into my apartment ready to wash this sweat off me. I quickly strip myself of my sweaty clothes and turn the taps on letting the cold water cool me off before turning warm. I lather myself in my body wash and drown my hair in shampoo. I rinse myself off jumping out of the shower and wrapping my bathrobe around me and a towel in my hair and head for the kitchen.

I make up some quick oatmeal with Nutella and a coffee before cleaning my teeth and doing my hair and makeup. I dig through my boxes pulling out another black pencil skirt and a blush button-up shirt. I tuck my shirt in as there is a soft knock on my apartment door. I pull my hair up into a low ponytail before heading to the door and opening it. My mouth widens as this guy waltzes in with his baby pink suit on and his sparkly black high heels, "Charlotte-Rose Talken?" he asks looking me up and down making me feel very judged.

"Yes, and who are you?" I raise one eyebrow and look him up and down in the same manner he did.

"Derek Gomez, only the best New York City Interior designer," he winks at me before there was another knock on the door, "Oh good can you please open that while I look around," he spins on his heels and waltz off into somewhat of my bedroom.

I sigh and open the door to see a bunch of hot muscular men stand at the door, "You here with Derek?" I question and they all nod, so I step aside letting them in.

"Okay good boys your finally here," Derek claps his hands together before whipping out a massive book, "Last thing you need to do before you leave is to tell us which boxes, we are allowed to go through and sort out and which boxes we aren't and also what type of design you want," he shoves me the book and I plop it onto the kitchen counter starting to look through it.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see one of Derek's men about to open up a very secret box of mine and I instantly bolt over and slam the box lids shut and glare at him, "I didn't say you could go through that box now did I?" I hiss at him and press my finger into his chest.

"I'm sorry Miss," he apologies and I sigh and move the box into the corner of the living room.

"Okay you guys can go through any of these boxes except for this one it's too personal and I don't like people going through it," they all nod and I smile, "And Derek I like the first one on page 167," he smiles and nods.

"Alrighty then let's let this lady head off to work and let's get into it remember we only have a day," Derek rushes them to start working, "Have a good day at work Charlotte-Rose," I smile and nod.

"Oh, hey Derek if you ever need a new suit or heels call me and I could design you something a little more you," I hand him a card with my number on it and give him a wink.

"No way you're a fashion designer?" he asks, and I nod proudly, "Oh my god thank you I will sure use this," Derek kisses me on the cheek before I rush out the door and make my way to work.