𐐒𐐚 12 : xiao lantern ˎˊ˗

Start from the beginning

"I should ask someone to teach me how to make a Xiao lantern too!" You mumbled and brainstormed on whom you can ask for help.

A small smile slowly crept up Xiao's lips, seeing you cheers him up even for a bit. But, as usual, his thoughts turn his smile upside down, after realizing it'd be impossible.

He bit his lower lip and furrowed his eyebrows. Arising from his seat, he vanished into the air with dark particles that surrounded him.

˖ ਏਓ ˖

Weekends finally came and you decided to help in Wanmin Restaurant in your free time. Xiangling was happy as ever to have you help them run their business.

"May I take your order?" You asked, flashing a grin and a friendly aura to the customer.

"I would like an Almond Tofu please and some Grilled Tiger Fish." The customer answered and handed you her payment.

"Here's your change, in a span of 5 minutes your order will be ready!"

"Thanks." She answered and waited beside the counter.

You hurried to the kitchen and gathered the ingredients to cook the Grilled Tiger Fish. Doing the necessary steps with just right amount of seasoning, it was without a doubt, delicious.

You also whipped out the fresh Almond Tofu you made earlier and the savory aroma lured you. Perhaps it wasn't just the taste of the Almond Tofu that captivated you, but the memories it held as well. Including the first time you had a taste of it, delivering the dish to Xiao, and the one last time Xiao ordered the dessert but immediately left when he saw you.

The memories slowly progressed from being happy to feeling lonely. The Almond Tofu made you remember of the adeptus and that made you sigh for the nth time this day. You walked back to the counter and packed the dishes for the customer.

"Hey, is something the matter?" Xiangling asked as she passed by you, her hand on your shoulder.

"I told myself I should focus on only me now but," You closed your eyes acknowledging your defeat. "There are times I long for his presence." You said.

"Don't worry, maybe there's just something he needs to do and fulfill his duty since you know, he's a Yaksha." Xiangling answered while you could only return a forced smile at the end.

˖ ਏਓ ˖

After the working hours in Wanmin Restaurant finally came to an end, the two of you strolled around Liyue Harbor to see the installed ornaments and stalls for the upcoming Lantern Rite. There were dozens of colorful hanging umbrellas up above, countless of lanterns wandering aimlessly in the sky, and a huge bulk of boulder of some minerals in the center that's supposed to be the Mingxiao Lantern.

"He's Jingming. He can teach you how to make a Xiao lantern." Wang'ya introduced you to the guy just in front of a crafting bench.

"Thank you!" You exclaimed with your eyes sparkling from the excitement.

"No problem. Oh right, duty calls, I have to get going. Happy Lantern Rite!"

You waved your hand goodbye as Wang'ya began to disappear in your sight. You turned to Jingming with just enough materials in hand, your heart sparked with delirium and anticipation.

"I see, you came prepared no?" Jingming chuckled and you nodded. "That's nice to know, listen attentively and I will teach you how."

He weaved the materials together, as you gawk with awe and admiration from how you can clearly see the shape of a lantern alone from the materials you gathered.

"Next, you make a wish and release it after doing so."

"What are you going to wish for, [F/N]?" Xiangling asked you as she is currently accompanying you in strolling around Liyue Harbor.

"I want to wish for my own benefits but that can wait." Xiangling raised an eyebrow at what you said while you held the Xiao Lantern.

"What I will wish for tonight is I hope everyone I met is doing well and get the happiness they deserve this Lantern Rite." You smiled, satisfied about your wish as a certain adeptus appeared in your mind and let go of the lantern then.

The Xiao Lantern floated and blended among with the other lanterns in the twilight sky. The warm, glowing yellow color emanating from the lanterns enthralled the eyes of the many citizens whether they hailed from Liyue or Mondstadt.

"That's so thoughtful of you." She said and followed the Xiao Lantern you released in the sky.

"The problem is I haven't thought of a shorter version of it yet." You scratched the back of your head.

"Don't mind it, it's the thought that counts afterall." Jingming slipped in the conversation and the three of you chuckled.

"Xiao, how are you doing right now?"

˖ ਏਓ ˖

༺ ˖࣪  ∗ ਏਓ ∗  ˖࣪ ༻