Recovery, Electrical Storms, and a Overdue Reunion

Start from the beginning

"How did it happen? Me getting taken away, I mean?" I ask, slightly nervous for the answer.

He sighs, and we move to sit down on the couch. "It was the same night that Harry's parents were murdered. You were spending the night over there since your father and I went out. We came back having a feeling something was wrong and-well, you know. We found Harry first, James had hidden you away before Voldemort had gotten inside. We heard your cries coming from the closet, and that's where we found you. Sirius he-he said he had to do something, and sent me back home with you and Harry. A while later, Professor Dumbledore came by with Hagrid to take Harry to the Dursleys, informing me of your father's capture. And then he informed me of his plan to send you away in fear of what the ministry would do if they were to find out of your birth. He didn't tell me where he was taking you, and he gave me a potion to-to make me forget you. I-I'm so sorry Amara, it was the biggest mistake in my life, I didn't know what I was sentencing you too. If I had known-" his voice breaks at the last part, and I hug him tightly.

"It's alright Dad, you did what you had to do, I understand, I would've done the same given the circumstances. If anything I blame Dumbledore forcing you into this when you couldn't think for yourself."

He hugs back tightly. "I love you more than anything lion. Is there anything else you want to know?"

I nod. "Why would the ministry want to kill me because of my birth?"

He grins. "Well, that's simply because of the fact that your birth was not only a kept secret, but it was done illegally. Lily-Harry's mum-found a way for your father and I to have a child, which was done out of nothing but DNA from us both and pure ancient magic. That's part of the reason why Voldemort wants you, but if the ministry were to find out, they'd kill you out of pure spite."

"Sweet, I have another thing in common with Dad-" a thought hits me harder than blushed at full speed. "do-do you still love him?" I asked, and he pondered this for a moment.

"I love the man he used to be, not the person that he's become. I love the man that I fell in love with almost sixteen years ago, the one that would risk life and limb for those he loves, the one who exists now is nothing but a stranger to me and a shadow of his old self." he answers. "Your personality is a mix of us both, Minnie likes to tell me all the time. One minute, you're all sweet and quiet, reading a book; the next you're chasing after someone with a dungbomb locked and loaded in your hand. Another thing she loves to compare is how often you're in the Hospital Wing and how easily you can escape it-how did you get released so early? I didn't even know that you were awake."

"Well, for starters, she didn't release me. Harry helped me sneak out so I could talk to you. Don't be mad at him, I kinda didn't take no for an answer." This causes him to laugh and roll his eyes.

"Another thing to add to the list of things you have in common, we did everything we could to leave the Hospital Wing early, which was easy for most full moons-" he quickly stops himself, and looks at him.

I gently squeeze his hand. "You know, I still love you even though you sprout fur once a month."

He looks shocked. "Y-you know?"

I smile slightly. "I figured it out the day that Snape was teaching my class, to be honest it took me a bit to connect all of the dots together, which is pretty sad considering that one of my best friends is also a werewolf."

He nods. "Ophelia, right?"

"Yeah, we call her OJ. Her family was attacked when she was a baby, her parents died and she was bitten. She's lived with Reg since."

"I don't envy her for that, I was bitten around my fifth birthday. But that's a story for another time, I have to get you back to the Hospital Wing."