"Get out NOW!" She yelled.

The boy didn't take a backwards glance, as he ran out of the house and down the street. I got up from my crouching position and proceeded to hang up Christmas lights on the porch. When I was done, I carried the empty box back into the house.

Ali was laying on the couch, curled up in a blanket. In her hands was a large book, I couldn't read the title from here. Her blue eyes flicked across the page as she read. I put the box down and she didn't even look up. Taking off my coat and hanging it up, she still didn't notice me. With my long legs, it only took me a few strides to reach her. I sank down onto the couch next to her. She still didn't look up. Trying to get her attention, I slung my arm around her and pulled her closer to me, but still her eyes stayed focused on the page. I nuzzled my face into her neck, against her warm soft skin. Ali's breathing became shakier. I knew that I made her nervous. Ali's arm moved and then I heard her book slam shut. Ali put a gentle hand on my knee.

"Shawn." My name on her lips gave me chills.

"Shawn, you know we have to go see that girl. She could be related to me, we won't know unless we find out." Ali sounded stressed.

I put my free hand on her wrist, grabbing her hand.

"Allison, it's okay. You don't have to worry about it. I'll call Ian while you get dressed." I reassured her, looking down at her pajamas.

She was wearing her red pajama pants from last night, and one of my old sweatshirts from a family vacation in Portugal. Her long messy hair was thrown up in a messy bun. Loose tendrils curled around her ears and at the base of her neck. I subconsciously twirled them around in between my fingers.

She took a deep breath and let out a sigh. Her cheeks puffed out a little and some of the loose hairs around her chin blew out in front of her face.

"What are you smiling at?" She asked, turning her body towards me.

Oh, I hadn't even realized I was smiling.

"Nothing." I said, shaking my head and smiling even bigger. "You're just so beautiful."

Ali's cheeks get super pink and she turned away from me. She stretched out her legs, letting out a strange silly grunt. We both laughed and I twisted my body to place my head in her lap.

I felt her tiny fingers running through my hair. I closed my eyes and just enjoyed the wonderful moment. I felt a kiss on my forehead.

"I'm gonna go get dressed." Ali said, her hand resting on my chest.

She moved her hand and I sat up. As I turned around, Ali bent over to pick up the blanket that fell around her feet. My eyes widened and I lightly smacked her on the butt. She whirled around and pointed a finger at me.

I raised both my hands up as if to say, I didn't do it.

"Shawn." She warned.

Smirking, I stood up and leaned my face level to hers. I snaked my arms around her waist and down to her butt.

"I guess I can't really stop you." Ali said.

"You never will."

Ali's eyes fluttered shut and she leaned towards me. Right before I kissed her, the warmth of her hand on my hip was gone. I could no longer feel her breath on my face. My hands were empty as she spun out of my grasp, running to the stairs.

"Gotta go get dressed!" She yelled as she jogged up the stairs.

I laughed as she disappeared into our bedroom.