"Fun sponge," muttered James, standing up and plopping himself between the two Slytherins.

"Dont get too comfy, Prongs, we have detention with Filch, remember?" Remus said, to which James groaned, using El and Marlenes shoulders to push him up off the couch.

"You'd think on my birthday he'd let me off," Sirius folded his arms and finally took off the crown he'd been wearing all day.

"Hate to break it to you, but i don't think Filch cares," commented El, turning the page in her book, not taking much interest in the current conversation.

Sirius grumbled and the four boys turned to leave, "What did they do this time?" the blonde questioned her friend.

"I lose track. Something stupid no doubt."

***

Marlene left to head back to the dungeons after about half an hour, leaving El alone in the common room. She showered and got into a large hoodie and fluffy socks, before going to sit back on the sofa by the fire.

Instead of reading, like she had been previously, El grabbed a half opened bottle of wine began to draw rough sketches of random faces. Managing to entertain herself for several hours as her pencil glided across the page in messy lines, forming the persons features.

Due to a mixture of the wine and her comfortable position on the sofa, El ended up falling asleep before James returned from his detention. The bespectacled boy walked back through the tapestry to see El curled up on the couch, fast asleep with her sketch book face down on her chest, and the now empty bottle of wine in her hand. Not wanting to deal with the wrath of waking her up, James took the bottle from her hands and put it in the bin, sighing to himself at the fact she'd been drinking on her own on a Tuesday.

The fire was now nothing but embers, only emitting a little bit of heat, so James went to his room and grabbed a blanket to put over her. As she was wearing nothing but a hoodie, her upper thighs were completely in his view, so not wanting her to feel uncomfortable when she woke up, he put the blanket over her exposed legs and grabbed a pair of joggers, placing them on the coffee table beside her. His previous annoyance at her from their conversation on Sunday had now been long forgotten, and he now couldnt help but appreciate how peaceful she looked as she slept.

Her face twitched slightly in her sleep, due to the hair tickling her nose, so James bent down to brush it away from her face, taking in the structure of her features, before getting her a glass of water for the morning and setting it down next to the joggers.

Finally he removed the sketch book off her chest, and made his way back up to his bedroom.

***

Eleanor was woken up in the middle of the night by the agressive sounds of a storm outside. It took a while for her to realise where she was, but when her eyes adjusted to her surroundings. The fire had now completely gone out, and despite the blanket, she was incredibly cold. Trying her best to suppress the feeling of admiration towards James for what he'd clearly done the night before, she downed the glass of water, being incredibly grateful to have something to cure her dehydration. The room was now almost pitch black, being lit up occasionally by a strike of lightning, causing her to flinch.

She ignored the joggers he'd brought down, threw her hair into a messy bun, and plodded towards James' room, opening the door just enough to poke her head inside.

"Potter?" she whispered, hoping he was also awake.

"Hmm?" the sillouette of James raising his head urged her to walk a few steps into the room. "What is it?"