Book 1: Chapter 58

Start from the beginning

"How can you be here?" the Doctor asks.

Rory tries to form a sentence but gives up "I don't know. It's kind of fuzzy."

"Fuzzy?" the Doctor asks confused on how he could forget something this important.

"Well, I died and turned into a Roman. It's very distracting." Rory says then goes to look at Amy who was still out cold and strokes her hair and face. "Did she miss me?"

The Doctor turns to me with a sad look on his face and I just take his hand as something shakes the ground causing the Doctor to pull me out and back into the Pandorica room.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

The circular designs on the Pandorica are glowing green and moving like cog wheels and the Doctor scans it with his sonic screwdriver.

"What is it? What's happening?" Rory asks confused as to what the Pandorica was.

"The final phase. It's opening" the Doctor says and walks over back to it putting his sonic in his pocket and placing the hand that wasn't holding mine on it.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

River had phoned us as all of the ships were now surrounding us.

"You're surrounded. Have you got a plan?" River asks us through the phone.

"Yes. Now hurry up and get the Tardis here. I need equipment." the Doctor says hanging up and handing me the phone while scanning the Pandorica with his screwdriver again. "What are you? They're all here, all of them, all for you. What could you possibly be?" the Doctor says thinking out loud and races off grabbing my hand and yanking me back up to the top of Stonehenge and near the altar.

"Sorry, sorry, dropped it. Hello, Stonehenge! Who takes the Pandorica, takes the universe. But bad news, everyone," the Doctor says and then jumps up on the altar pulling me up as well wrapping his arm that wasn't holding the microphone thing around my waist. "Because guess who? Ha! Listen, you lot, you're all whizzing about. It's really very distracting. Could you all just stay still a minute because I. AM. TALKING!" The Doctor yells and all the ships stop making noise.

"Now the question of the hour is, who's got the Pandorica? Answer, I do. Next question. Who's coming to take it from me?" the Doctor says and lets go of my waist and opens his arms as if waiting for them to attack. "Come on! Look at me. No plan, no back up, no weapons worth a damn. Oh, and something else. I don't have anything to lose! So, if you're sitting up there in your silly little spaceship, with all your silly little guns, and you've got any plans on taking the Pandorica tonight, just remember who's standing in your way. Remember every black day I ever stopped you, and then, and then, do the smart thing." he says then pauses for a few seconds. "Let somebody else try first."

The spaceships retreat very dramatically and very quickly.

"That'll keep them squabbling for half an hour." the Doctor says tossing Rory the microphone device. "Romans."

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

We had gone back down to where the Pandorica. "They're still out there. What do we do now?" Rory asks.

"If I can stop whatever's in this box getting out, then they'll go home." the Doctor says patting the Pandorica and placing his hands back in his pockets and I just look away still uncomfortable around the Pandorica knowing that it was empty and all the aliens were here to put him in the box as well as by now I was sure was me as well.

"Right" Rory says turning to look at the Pandorica.

"Rory, I'm sorry. You're going to have to be very brave now." the Doctor says and Amy walks past Rory.