"Also," I decided to continue after a beat of silence, "Maybe we should... you know, hide our weapons before we enter the town— well, especially you three."

"Eh?" Tanjiro tilted his head slightly, "Why? Isn't Rengoku-san on a mission to kill demons?"

"Of course he is, but other humans are not accustomed to seeing people armed, dearie." I gently explained as I showed them how I hid my own weapons under my flappy violet haori and its sleeves, "Not to mention, it'll be troublesome to deal with the police if they arrested us thinking we are criminals."

"Why should we be scared of them anyway?" Inosuke asked genuinely.

"Because our organisation is not recognised by the government, idiot." Zenitsu decided to explain it for me, "Even if you talk about demons and the like to them, they won't believe you for the most part. So, walking around the swords will cause chaos."

Tanjiro's shoulders sagged as grumbled how it was unfair since we indeed were putting out so much work for the people too.

"Police are not completely unaware of the existence of demons." I decided to pitch in, making Zenitsu look at me like I was crazy, "Trust me, I do know some... well, a lot of them. Government does know about our cooperation, but doesn't acknowledge it since it'll be disastrous if the existence of demons came into the knowledge of the common people."

"Not to mention," I continued, "Not many people in the police or the government are aware of it either. So, yeah, we should avoid being caught by the police even if we could get out of there."

"You know policemen?" Zenitsu asked sceptically.

"I do. Many of my informants either work in the police or for them." I admitted as I noticed the town on the horizon of our sight, "I can get us out of the jail, if we ever get caught, but it still may take time to reach out for my connections. So, let's just avoid the hassle."

I turned to the three of them as I stared them down while pointing towards their very apparent weapons, "And if we want to avoid them, we have to hide those."

All three of them looked down at their waists before looking up at me in confusion.

"How?"

"Well..." I stopped walking completely, making the three of them stop too as I fiddled with my satchel, "Jiro-kun and Itsu-kun, you both can cover it up by strapping it behind your back and as for you Ino-chan..."

I took out the uniform and handed it to Inosuke, making him look at me in utter bewilderment as I smiled at him, "Wanna learn how to fool the police and sneak in with weapons on a train, Ino-chan?"

(~<>~)

"Hah!"

"Just for a little while more, Ino-chan, and then you can take it off." I comforted the disgruntled slayer, trying my best to stop him from tearing up the uniform top I somehow got Shinobu to bring up for me.

Apparently, the sewing department already had a new, proper set of uniform made for Inosuke but he never even showed up to look at it since he tore up his last one.

"You look very good in it, Inosuke!" Tanjiro genuinely complimented as we reached the train station— meanwhile, Zenitsu kept snickering at Inosuke's distressed noises.

"Maybe we should have made him remove his boar mask too!" Zenitsu half teased as we entered the station; almost all the people were staring at us (more so at Inosuke) as we passed the gates and tried to deduce which train Rengoku-san might be in.