My heart skipped a beat when Tomioka looked up towards us, his eyes almost naturally meeting mine as I waved at him slightly.

He nodded to me before turning to Tanjiro, which honestly made me smile as I turned back to our group and noticed how admirably Inosuke was looking at the girls while Zenitsu asked if they were 'heartbroken' to see him go.

"Itsu-kun, it doesn't work that way." I teasingly replied, "Give the girls some space and please respect their gift instead of trying to make excuses to stay behind."

He deadpanned at me while trying to defend himself, "I-I was not doing that!"

"Ara, ara," I ruffled his head, "No need to pout. Also, you really need to learn how to talk to girls, dearie."

"...hai."

"I'm feeling giddy."

I laughed as both the stooges gave completely different reactions while Tanjiro joined us and thanked the girls again.

"We'll be leaving now, then!" I finally called out as we waved them farewell, a nervous feeling already starting to grow in my chest as soon as we started our journey.

(~<>~)

"Oi, woman!" Inosuke sudden interjected when we were halfway through the forest, making me turn to him as I sped up to walk beside him.

"What happened, Ino-chan?"

"You said you knew more things than me!" He almost shouted, making Zenitsu jump while Tanjiro tried to calm him down, "What are those things that I don't know?!"

I blinked twice as I turned completely towards him— is this really happening?

Was Inosuke really giving me the chance to... teach him?

"There are many things I'm sure I know that you don't." I answered simply, "And I'm sure there are many things that you know that I don't. In the end, one can learn new things from everyone— only if they want to, that is."

"Hah?" I could almost hear his frown under the mask as he gruffly asked, "And what are those things?!"

"Mm," should I take this chance to explain to him what trains and police exactly are? "Do you know... what a train is?"

I almost chuckled when Inosuke couldn't give a proper reply— I could hear Zenitsu scoffing and calling him (as well Tanjiro, I presume, who turned to Zenitsu to ask what I was talking about) a country bumpkin.

"Trains," I started, "Are these huge metal vehicles that are made by men to travel long distances in a short time."

"Vehicles?" Tanjiro asked innocently as I nodded and tried to explain to the best of my abilities.

"Yes, Vehicles. Vehicles are... machines— metallic things made by men to do the work for them and make their lives easier. Vehicles, in particular, helps us travel much faster and more comfortably than when we do by foot."

"Trains," Inosuke pronounced the term a few times, "It walks for us?"

"In a way?" I rubbed the back of my neck as I wondered how to explain it to him, "It's like, you sit in it and it runs for you and helps you reach your destination faster."

"So, it's a creature?"

"Nope!" I immediately denied it before he somehow sets that idea permanently in his brain, "It's more like your sword— not alive and made by us for our convenience."

I almost heard Tanjiro nod behind me as Inosuke grumbled something under his breath.

"Rengoku-san is currently investigating some demonic occurrences on a train." I decided to inform them as we almost exited the forest, "That's why I was trying to explain it to you— we might have to travel with him for a while too since we don't want to hold him back while he is on his mission."