love always,
alexa :)

he then pulled out a picture frame that was a collage of five photos of them. at the bottom of the frame, was the date of their anniversary, which was christmas.

he smiled widely, looking at the photos. it was them on christmas day in their silly christmas pajamas, new year's eve, them cuddled together on the couch, a selfie of them making funny faces, and another of them kissing.

"lex, this is adorable. i love it. thank you." bucky looked at alexa, who was smiling fondly at him.

"you're very welcome, now keep opening!" she encouraged, bucky laughing as he placed the frame down next to him. he pulled out a crewneck, that said NASA on it. it reminded him of their first date. he smiled, slipping it on over his black tank top.

alexa watched as he pulled out a black box that fit in the palm of his hand. he looked up at alexa, who motioned for him to open it. he opened it, a silver chain laid in the box.

"doll," he started, alexa hushing him with a smile on her face. he took it out of the box, alexa taking it from him to clasp it around his neck. the two looked at each other for a moment, bucky leaning forward to bring alexa into his arms for a tight hug.

"happy valentines day baby." she laid a sweet kiss to his neck, bucky letting out a sigh of content. he let her go, smiling.

"my turn."

he let her go, leaning over the side of the bed to pick up two bags from the floor. he handed it to her, alexa taking out the tissue paper to find a note. bucky watched as she opened it, reading it to herself.

alexa,

happy valentine's day doll! i hope you like what i got, i really had no clue but as i always do, i figure something out. i can confidently say that you are the love of my life, and i never thought i'd get to call someone that. i love you, with my whole heart.

love forever,
james <3

alexa looked up at him with a smile, placing the note on her nightstand. she pulled out a black box, cocking up an eyebrow. he smiled, watching her open it.

it was a ring with her birthstone, ruby. she looked up and smiled at bucky, taking it out of the box to slip it on her right ring finger.

"question, how did you figure out my ring size?" "natasha."

she laughed, looking at her hand with 3 out of 5 fingers now with rings on them.

"i love it, thank you buck." bucky grinned, happy that she likes it. he motioned for her to look in the bag again. she then pulled out multiple bags of her favorite candy, sour patch kids. she laughed, placing the four bags in her lap.

"god i'm so in love with you." the two laughed, alexa placing the empty bag on the floor and reaching for the second one. she pulled out the tissue paper, gasping as she looked inside

"no fucking way you got me a weighted blanket!" she pulled the dark grey blanket out of the bag, bucky laughing as she examined it.

"it's not like it's all you ever talk about nowadays." the two laugh, alexa placing it beside her as she brought bucky into her arms.

"i love you thank you so much. happy valentine's day honey." she hugged him tight, bucky's head hooked over her shoulder.

"i love you too, happy valentine's day sweetheart."

he let her go from the hug, only for alexa to cup his face and bring him in for a loving kiss. bucky's hand ran down her side, resting on her thigh.

"you make me so happy." bucky muttered against her lips, making alexa smile through the kiss. her hand snaked up to the nape of his neck, starting to lay down. the two laughed as they held the kiss, alexa bringing him down with her.

•••

"hey lovebirds, whatcha baking?" steve walked out of the elevator of their floor at around 7pm. the two were at the island with bowls and pans and in only their pajamas.

"cupcakes and brownies. we made dinner and now we're baking." alexa explained, steve sitting down on the barstool.

"romantic." steve smirked at the two, alexa rolling her eyes as bucky smiled. she went to go grab a spatula, helping bucky pour in the brownie batter. she grabbed it and placed it in the oven, then asked friday to set a timer for 25 minutes.

"hm, well i'll leave you lovebirds to it. let's not have what happened last time please." steve stood up, bucky pointing his finger at steve.

"it was sam's fault and you know it!" bucky exlaimed, steve shaking his head with a smile on his face.

"whatever you say buck."

•••

it was around ten, bucky walking out of the bathroom with damp hair and a towel around his waist. alexa sat in his bed, looking over to his nightstand that now occupied the picture frame she got. she smiled softly at it before turning her attention back to criminal minds.

bucky slipped on boxers and a tee shirt, yet as soon as he got into bed, he reached for the remote to turn the tv off and swiftly placed alexa on his lap. her hands rested on his chest, her eyebrow cocked up at him. 

"you're full of surprises arent you barnes?" bucky's hands moving down her back and slipping under her shirt. he hummed, hands now at the hem of her shirt, swiftly taking it off of her.

"you know i am micheals." she smiled, leaning down to kiss him. without breaking the kiss, bucky flipped her over onto her back, and showed her in many ways how much he adored her.

i hope you all had a wonderful valentine's day :))