"I don't go on escapades to Earth 1..." Kara mumbled under her breath, her eyes cast down.

Lena chuckled. "I know you don't, but you do travel to a different universe for unknown periods of time, and we can't even talk to each other, so I don't even know what's going on with you." Lena never stopped her gentle touching. It was as if she knew it helped calm her. "At least here, on this Earth, we're able to talk daily. We can call each other or text--"

"I know, but..." Kara sighed and pulled Lena into a hug, burying her face on her neck.

"But?" Lena combed the long, blonde hair with her fingers, her voice lowering instantly in deference to Kara's super-hearing since she was so close to her. Lena was so good to her. "What are you not telling me, Kara?"

Kara briefly debated with herself about how much to tell her girlfriend. She didn't want to worry her, especially not when traveling.

"Nothing. I—I just worry about you, that's all. I know the board in the Irish branch is mostly your brother's people, and I worry that they're going to try something against you."

She had a feeling gnawing at her since early that day, and Lena's eyes told her she was not telling her the whole story. Lena was hiding something, and it only made her feel more anxious.

"Oh, sweetie, I'm already counting on that. That's why I'm taking a security team with me, and I'm taking extra precautions." Lena kissed her head gently. "And you are one of those precautions. I have your phone number on speed dial, and so does Jesse, and now I know it only takes you around 30 minutes to get there. Plus," another kiss as she started rubbing her back in soothing circles, "I've allowed Winn to track my phone, so you'll always know where I am."

Kara pulled her closer, not yet reassured. "You should get Winn's number on speed dial too. And Alex's!"

"Already done, sweetie." Lena softened her voice, even more, knowing Kara could hear her perfectly. "There's nothing that can keep me away from you, Kara Zor-El. Please believe me."

Kara was silent for a while. She was needy, she knew, but right now, she really didn't care. "Promise?" she whispered, her eyes closed.

"I promise," Lena vowed, her soothing touch never stopping.

"Can you build a device that allows us to talk when I'm on Earth 1?" Kara asked, her eyes opening suddenly.

Lena chuckled. "Already working on it," she admitted.

"Really?" Kara pulled away just enough, so she could look at her amazing girlfriend.

Lena nodded with a smile, a blush slowly creeping up on her. "I, hum... I started working on it right after you told me about the multiverse and your rescue missions."

Kara gave her best, sunny smile. "You're truly remarkable, do you know that? I'm so lucky to have found you."

Lena's blush deepened. "The feeling's mutual."

"Thank Rao for that."

Kara angled her head just so and kissed her girlfriend.

So now, here she was alone in her apartment, with only a box of donuts and her dark thoughts to keep her company. She sighed, defeated, half a donut almost forgotten in her hand.

What was she supposed to do? For a change, National City had a respite on crime for the past two days, so Supergirl was not needed; there were no major articles for her to work on, and Lena was still airborne.