3

I have some plans for this chapter but hopefully it won't sound like I was getting too excited.
—————————————————
"He was shaking, when I first saw him in front of my apartment door. He was shot right in the gut and it was really bad." Eva reminisced.

"Can we. . . skip that part." Blair stated. She didn't want to get any other images of Chuck struggling in her head anymore.

"His life was on the line. It was either I give him the aid he needed or I wait an hour more for the ambulance to come. I had no choice. I felt the need to save him."

Blair nodded, understanding her. She would have probably done the same thing. "He's lucky you saved him."

"Yes, well I had a hard time in doing that." Eva turned her attention to Blair who was still admiring the Manhattan lights.

"He kept saying your name."

Blair closed her eyes, letting more of the hot, heavy tears fall from her eyes. Her heart ached again. And she figured it would ache for a long time.

"He kept asking for you, saying he'd rather die than see you hurt and cry because of him." Eva realized she had been shedding a tear or two herself.

He loved her. She knew that. He loved her so much he would go to the ends of the world to get her what she wants. It was a good thing but the good always had its disadvantages.

His efforts had been useless. He got shot, and he didn't even get the ring back. He really just had to be an idiot when he was in a life and death experience.

"He's so stupid. Who would risk their life for an engagement ring?" She wiped her tears away and scoffed.

"Well, Chuck did. He fought them hard. And you and I both know it wasn't just an engagement ring to him. It reminded him of you." Eva spoke softly.

"Why are you telling me this?" The blonde looked down and smiled sadly.

Before she could say anything else, someone else spoke.

"Eva, here you are." Chuck's figure stood before them. He noticed Blair's tear stained cheeks and for a moment he wanted to wipe it away, knowing it was because of him again. But he couldn't do that to her. His touch would probably break her.

"If you two need to talk. . ." Eva was about to leave when Blair said no.

"I'll leave. It's been a long night and-"

"Blair." Chuck didn't let her finish. He had to remind her that her life wasn't some movie. She also needed to face reality.

"Fine." Eva nodded and walked away, her heart breaking for herself.

The two stood together on the balcony, the cold air still hugging Blair's body. Chuck noticed, and immediately lent her a jacket.

"Thanks." She was too cold. She couldn't deny it. "When I saw you for the first time in 3 months back in Paris. . .I wanted to yell at you. Scold you for being such a coward." Blair was the one to break the silence between them.

"You should have. I was being a coward." He smiled bitterly. Chuck couldn't help but look at Blair as the wind softly blew her hair away from her face. She was unbelievably beautiful.

"No, you were shot. Maybe you were a coward for attempting a runaway with Eva but like I said months ago, you carry people. You carry me." Blair returned the look he was giving her.

Their eyes were filled with regret as they stared at each other, wishing things could have been better between them.

"Blair, what I did was unforgivable and believe me when I say I will forever be sorry for the shitty things I did to hurt you. I was taking you for granted and it's the worst thing I have ever done."'