Valentine's... Part 1

"Where are you off?" Your flat mate, Jess, asked from the sofa after watching you put your weekend bag down in the hallway.

You looked up and smiled at her. "A date."

She frowned at you. "For the weekend? Since when? And who?"

"Since our date was cancelled last week, and Henry." You blushed, smiling shyly at the thought of him.

"Henry? Your one night stand?"

"He wasn't a one night stand, Jess." You huffed and sat down on the sofa next to her.

"You haven't seen him again so, it is." She reminded you.

It's true, you hadn't seen Henry since your first 'meeting' but he was a busy man. You were meant to have a second date the week before but something came up for Henry that he couldn't get out of. So, he promised to take you away for the weekend to a rather lavish country hotel and have your second and third date in one, and it was over Valentine's so it was extra special.

"Who even is this, Henry?" She asked looking back to her phone.

You stared at her in disbelief. She really was self centered sometimes. "What do you mean who is he? I met him at your party."

She looked up with a frown, "I don't work with a Henry."

You rolled your eyes at her. "Because he doesn't work for your company."

"I don't understand. Was he a waiter? Or a barman?..." You shook your head. She thought for a moment trying to recall what happened that night. "I can't even remember you talking to anyone that night..."

Before you could say something back your phone pinged with a message.

Hen: Don't forget your toothbrush, love. I'm almost there x

"Back in a sec," You quickly jumped up with a small grin and made your way to the bathroom.

As you grabbed your toothbrush, you remembered a couple of other things you'd left so you quickly began to gather them up and that's when the doorbell rang.

"I'LL GET IT!" Jess called out and jumped up off the sofa. "I've ordered some more shoes and I can't WAIT to show you them!" She let out an excited giggle and opened the door, her mouth falling open.

"Hello. I'm here to pick, Y/N up." Henry smiled at her.

"Y- Hen-" Jess squeaked, confusing Henry as she just stared at him.

"I'll be two minutes, Henry! I forgot my toothbrush!" You giggled to yourself and stepped out into the hallway with your makeup bag. You looked up puzzled and walked up to Jess, pushing her back so you could open the door some more. "Come in, Henry. You'll freeze standing out on the doorstep." You smiled at him.

Henry smiled at you and stepped in, shutting the door behind him. "How are you, love?" He bent down and pressed a kiss to your cheek.

You blushed and nodded, "I'm good." You glanced to Jess and rolled your eyes at her. "Henry, this is Jess, my flat mate. Jess," You nudged her, "... this is, Henry." You blushed as Henry placed his large hand on your back.

Henry said hello and smiled politely at Jess but it seemed your flat mate had turned into a goldfish.

You rolled your eyes and turned to Henry. "I won't be long, Henry, just gotta put my shoes on."

Henry nodded, "Okay, love. I'll go put your bags in the car." He smiled and picked your bags up before heading back out to his car.

You grabbed your shoes and began to put them on when Jess finally spoke.