Chapter 3: A Broken Heart

A/N: Yo, minna! Sorry for the late update but don't worry. Here's the next chapter for you. Hope you enjoy it. Douzo! ^_^

I'm dedicating this to @YellowIris who read the first two chapters in just one day :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 weeks passed, still no communication between us. I haven't talked to her yet. Nor have seen her. I would always just go see her perform every night in the bar and leave a letter and a flower for her. I don't even know if she had recieve all those but I hope she had. Now I'm here sitting on my office chair, infront of my laptop fixing and organizing all the documents that were left behind. I wish that I could take my leave early but I have to finish these last 5 documents today. That's why I have to work overnight. ~Sigh~

"Shachou, you still haven't got your lunch." Sakurai said.

"It's okay. I'm still full and I've got work to do." 

"Demo (But), shachou...."

"Like I told you it's okay. I'll eat when I want to. Don't force me."

"Hai. As you wished." He bowed before he left the room.

An hour later.....

.

.

growwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwl~~~~

"Itai (It hurts)" I held my stomach and hear it grumbling

I think I really have to eat. So this is the feeling of not being able to eat anything. Sigh~~~ 

 "Shachou, you have a visitor." Sakurai said and entered in my room.

"Who is it?" I asked

"I don't know but she's waiting in the lobby. I told her that you are very busy doing work but she insisted on seeing you. Gomenasai (Sorry)."  he bowed

"It's okay." I rose up from my seat and immediately go down to the lobby.

When I've arrived at the lobby, I saw a woman sitting on the sofa facing the huge glass wall. I approached her and introduce myself.

"Domo, ore wa Ninomiya Kazunari desu. Is there something you need?" 

"Kazu-kun...." the woman faced me with a smile.

"Mai-chan, how did you?"

"I've brought a bento for you." (bento-packed/box lunch) 

"A....arigatou....~growwwwl~.... sumimasen." I bowed worryingly

"Looks like you still haven't eaten yet. Good thing I've made one for you." she giggled.

"Hontouni arigatou.... Wou... would you like to see my office?"

 "Sure, why not?" she smiled.

We took the elevator together. We're the only ones who rode the elevator that time probably because the employees were taking their lunch. We didn't talk. It was just full of awkward silence. Bad thing that my office is on the very top floor, 17th floor. Then I decided that I should break the ice.

"A... anou....I never thought you sing very well." I praised her.

"Arigatou..." she nod.

Once again, silence fills the air. I don't know what to say. Why am I too nervous being with her?

And at last the elevator had brought us to my floor. I just can't stand the silence between us.