CHAPTER 25 - The Scent of the Saline Drip

Start from the beginning

As I neared the house, and the rain began to soften, my emotional high began to decline. I pulled into the driveway, and turned off the car. I sat, soaking in the drivers seat from the rain that had patted me down during the drive back. As I sat I listened to the engine rest.
What now? Would people find out? Would they know it was me? What will happen next? Will they find me? Will I go to prison? My father was an awful man, but was it right of me to pull the plug on him like that? No, no! I couldn't regret this! There was no going back! What's done is done! End of story!
I closed my eyes and leaned down on my steering wheel. The image of the shrieking mask entered my mind.
"Ghostface..." I whispered. "Do you see me becoming you?"
I lifted my head slightly, and looked to the front door. I wanted to be with him right now. I wanted to be wrapped in his arms, for him to tell me all would be well. I got out of the car, and had an almost defeated walk up to the front door. What would he think of me now? Surely he would understand. He is a killer himself after all. He would understand why I did it, why I ended my father's life. But...what if it wasn't a matter of understanding? What if he would lose interest now that I wasn't pure? I was tainted. A reaper.
I unlocked the door and stepped in. The house was dark. I pulled my shattered phone from my pocket and made out the time to be 10:53. I hadn't realized I was gone so long. It felt like the events that took place at the hospital were mere minutes passing by. I took a few steps further into the house, looking around, looking for signs of him.
I walked up the stairs slowly, making my way into the hall. On my door I saw another note. "GHOSTFACE - Went out again. Be back later."
I pulled the note from the door, inspecting it, tracing the letters of the name with my eyes. I released a wavered sigh and began to take my steps back downstairs. I went to the kitchen and walked over to a china cabinet kitty-cornering the back wall of the kitchen. Opening the bottom reveiled my stash of alcohols. I still had it all. Vodka, tequila, rum, whisky, gin. God how I hated the taste of gin, but it did well to get me numb quick. I shifted through the bottles, picking out my favorites. I reached up into the upper cabinet shelves for a shot glass. I made my way back to the table and poured the shot. Lifting it I said, "to the father you never were." Then shot it down quick, slamming the glass slightly back down onto the table. I poured another.
"To the mother who will regret abandoning her husband, but not her child." I slammed back the second shot. Another.
"To the people who won't miss me when I'm gone." Another. "To the friends and lovers that were fake!" Another. "To the people who made me wish I was dead!" Another.
"To the person who made me happy I  wasnt-!" I choked back a sudden sob with this last one. I brought the glass to my lips, shot it back, then threw the glass across the room, smashing it against the wall. My head buzzed and my body swayed. I was well intoxicated. For once I heard the door open, and soft foot steps lead in. I kept my face away from the direction of the kitchen doorway. I layed back in my chair, with my feet on the table, and an empty bottle beside me.
"(Y/n)?" I knew his voice so well now. It was as like a dream to hear it now. I didn't respond though. He called my name again, slowly making his way over to me.
"(Y/n), what happened? Why is there glass on the floor- have you been drinking?" He removed his mask as he came to my side, and finally his eyes met mine. Tears were dried to my face, and I held a weak smile.
"Hey." I said. "You were out late. Have fun?" I asked. He leaned down to a crouch, looking me in my glazed over eyes.
"(Y/n)...what happened?"
I shook my head and smiled to hide away the grief. "I...killed...him." I spoke with pauses between my words, trying to keep a tight grasp on the swirling emotions inside myself.
"What? Who?" He asked, concerned.
"My father...I looked him in the face...and I watched him die. I killed him, but I don't feel bad. Isn't that awful? Or...is it wonderful? I don't know anymore?" I slurred slightly, feeling my head spin. He sat for a moment, seemingly analysing my face. I looked back at him, my expression likely looked just as lifeless as my father's did in the moment. My eyes dull, expression lethargic.
"Are you going to leave me?" I asked softly. He reached his hand out, stroking my hair slightly. A slight smile appeared on his face.
"No..." He stated simply. Tears silently rolled down my cheek. I was releived but also so spent. "Am I a bad person?" I drunkenly asked, smiling slightly myself, though in a pained way.
"If you're a bad person, than I'm the devil himself, (Y/n)." He continued to smile, easing my grieving. "Come on now, let's get you to bed." He said lifting me gently from the chair. "Tomorrow's a new day. You'll get through this." He whispered sweetly to me, carrying me bridal style up the steps. He carried me into my room, and layed me onto my bed. He kissed my forehead. I clung to his coat in return. "Don't go..." I whimpered. He stood leaned over me quietly for a moment, as though contemplating.
"Do you want me to sleep with you in here tonight?" He asked. I nodded. He nodded once himself, then began to take his shoes, gloves and coat off. He undressed until he was in his briefs. Even in this situation, I still felt my cheeks redden slightly. His physique was to be admired. He was toned, abs slightly showing through the skin of his frontal torso, his arms looked strong, and he had a perfect male figure. He caught me staring, and smiled.
"Mind if I sleep like this? It's more Comfortable for me." I simply shook my head. He came over to my side.
"Are you comfortable sleeping in that?" I realized I was still in my clothes from earlier. I lifted myself from the bed, wobbling a bit to keep myself up right. "Easy...let me help you" He said in a low voice. He began gently undressing me. He glided my shirt over my head, then moved down to remove my pants. He left me in my undergarments, and lifted me slightly, placing me back down onto the bed. He wrapped me in his arms, then pulled the blanket over the top of us. This emotion was so different than the one I felt in the hospital. It was warm, and felt safe. He pulled me closer in and kissed the side of my head. "I'll be right here, (Y/n)." He whispered into my hair. As my mind quieted I focused on his breathing, the softness of his skin, the scent of his being, the ebb and flow of his body. It was like his presence was a lullaby to me, and it eased my being into sleep.