𐐒𐐚 11 : a single sorry ˎˊ˗

Start from the beginning

"They're just a mere mortal yet I don't know why I'm... Feeling this way." He added and Ganyu was worried since Xiao don't speak with short pauses in his sentences. Seeing him talk this way spoke alot for his situation.

"That is all. I should take my leave now." The ebony haired adeptus walked away, while the other displayed a look of worry.

˖ ਏਓ ˖

'Liking someone, a human, is impossible.'

'I exist solely for the sake of Liyue's safety. That is all.'

'I've got no time to waste on something of a fraud called love.'

These particular words circled all around his head, not being able to let go of the thoughts which annoyed him. He gripped his jade spear tightly and clicked his tongue.

What should he do now whenever he's around you?

He found himself hours later buying the usual in Wangshu Inn and sat on one of the chairs around waiting for his dessert.

"You looked troubled." Verr Goldet said as she shuffled through the records of the logbook laying on the counter table.

"An adeptus couldn't possibly like a mortal." Xiao spoke carelessly, not caring if he should act reserved as of the moment. He grew tired from the thoughts of liking someone when he didn't really have the time to fool around humans.

The boss lady's mouth widen upon hearing those words but then her lips tugged upwards after letting some thoughts sink in.

It means that in Xiao's dark, clouded and secluded world, he finally met someone who'd make him feel different kinds of things.

"If you reached the point wherein you keep denying it to yourself, that means you've fallen for the person already." She said and left the counter for a moment.

Xiao's eyes blink in repetition and continued to stared blankly at the wooden floorboards, slowly submitting to the fact that Verr Goldet said.

"H-Here's your Almond tofu." Smiley Yanxiao said as he put the dessert on the table. The adeptus was still unfazed and kept on spacing out for a good minute. Not until he heared a-

"Hey! Watch your step next time!"

"I just woke up I'm sorry!" You said and rubbed your eyes, morning sickness washing over your vulnerable figure.

Xiao immediately looked up as soon as he recognized whose voice it was, and unknowingly locked a glance with you.

You also noticed him sitting alone, a bright smile creeping up to your face. You hurried to him, opting to join him eat his dessert.

"You... What do you want?" He asked sternly and folded his arms across his chest. His eyes squinted into two little crescents, watching you close the gap between you two.

"I noticed you were eating alone, so here I am, accompanying you so you won't feel lonely."

You expected a positive response, but the exact opposite is what happens instead.

"I don't need that. I'm accustomed to eating alone for hundreds of years already." He answered and closed his eyes.

You felt a somewhat sting of pain in your heart as you heared those words come out from his mouth.

"What are you acting so cold for all of a sudden? And here I thought you finally warmed up to me." You expressed, with a look of disbelief hinted in your eyes.

A long pause occured, and Verr Goldet eavesdropped on your conversation. She hid behind the wooden walls and felt nothing but giddyness as she felt like she's watching a romantic theater show.

"No reason." Xiao answered nonchalantly and rose from his seat, leaving you all alone with his untouched Almond tofu.

From being there by your side at the most random times to uttering nonsense words that don't connect the dots, not gonna lie, you felt there was something growing from the two of you that suddenly got cut off.

You clench your fist, lost at everything happening. Just a day ago, he was so compassionate and warm towards you. What happened now that he left you all alone, not wanting to spend the next moments with you?

"Sorry." Xiao muttered that only he himself could hear and left the Inn.

˖ ਏਓ ˖

༺ ˖࣪ ∗ ਏਓ ∗ ˖࣪ ༻