Once she was all clean and had rewrapped her knees in smaller bandaids, she got dressed for the day and as always— left her hair unbrushed to dry on its own. As she stormed down the stairs and rounded the corner, she nearly slammed into someone's chest. When she stepped back and tilted her head to look up, she found Bucky standing in nothing but a pair of shorts.

Dove's eyes widened at the sight of him. Looking his built chest over, a golden chain resting just over the few tiny stray hairs in the valley of his pecks. His muscles were shaped in a way that was practically forcing her eyes further down his body. She blinked at how his chiseled abs formed into a perfectly cut v just above his dangerously low-hanging shorts.

She hadn't seen him shirtless in years. Possibly since middle school when his body was still boyish. Either way, what stood before her was a shock. And a good one at that. He wasn't that same little punk she once knew. He was a man.

As much as Bucky tried to force himself to continue that same distant exterior, seeing Dove ogling at his body made it break in an instant. "Like what you see?" he asked with a grin, unable to help himself.

Her brows shot together, face snapping into a glare in an instant as she looked back up to meet his eyes. "No."

Bucky chuckled. "Sure you don't," he smarted, sounding completely unconvinced by her response. He was positively elated by her reaction. He knew he looked good and her expression was fucking priceless to him.

Dove clenched her jaw. "So what, you're just— just walking around the house shirtless now? D-did you forget you don't actually live here? You can't just—" she sighed, collecting herself, "you should put a shirt on."

"I was going to go read outside for a bit before I go run some errands and I just figured I could catch some rays," he explained with a shrug before finally registering her appearance. He hadn't seen her that put together in days. She had clearly showered and was back in one of her adorably skimpy outfits.

Trailing down, he took note of how she was putting her full weight on both feet. "You seem all better now... care to join me?" He couldn't stop himself before the offer came out. God he was weak.

"I already have plans," she said, purposely being cryptic in her response. It was a lie, plain and simple. She had no idea what she was headed to do. All she knew was that she wanted to leave the house.

Bucky hummed in response, partially relieved she had refused the offer. "Where are you headed?" he asked, calling her bluff.

Her eyes narrowed. "Why the hell would I tell you?"

Despite the anger set off by her biting response, his attention was caught on the fact that she'd be going out again. He thought to himself for a moment, seemingly apprehensive. "Are you taking your bike?"

"What else would I take?" Dove responded harshly.

"Jesus I don't know, I was just asking," he shouted, throwing his hands into the air, exasperated with her incessant attitude. He huffed out a breath, turning to walk to the back door. Just as he was about to turn the corner, he glanced back over his shoulder to watch Dove lacing her shoes. "Just... just be careful okay? I'll be here for a bit, so call me if you need anything." His words were still slightly bitter, but he looked like a kicked puppy.

Although he just wanted her to be safe, he still felt stupid for even caring.

Dove froze just as she was about to loop her shoelace around the other, glancing over to him in confusion. "I will, thanks."

I thought he didn't like me.

With her shoes strapped to her feet, she grabbed her bike from the front steps of her house and took off down the street. She rode through the neighborhood sorta aimlessly. Enjoying the feeling of sun on her skin more than anything. She ended up just taking the long way to the Maximoff's, like she honestly figured she would. No matter what her intentions were she always found her way to their place.