Monster (Slenderman x Fem!Logical!Reader

Start from the beginning

The female- (f/n)- glanced around herself for a moment before hurrying after her friend silently. My hidden mouth curved upwards in an amused smile. This would be fun.

-oOo- Normal P.O.V. -oOo-

You shivered slightly, pulling your (f/c) sweater a bit tighter around yourself. You'd been following Fred through the thrice-blasted forest for over an hour now, and your feet were beginning to ache. He hadn't spoken to you once the entire time, letting you know he was still angry with you.

You didn't find any fault with the words you'd said to him earlier. Every single one of them had been true, harsh or not. And you weren't one to apologize often, so you just kept quiet.

The hair on the back of your neck stood on end as a strange breeze wafted past you, and you tensed.

"Fred," you whispered harshly, not caring that you were the first to break the silence. "I think we're being followed."

He paused and looked back over his shoulder at you, the beam of the flashlight he held wavering at the motion. He didn’t bother to lower his voice. “Don’t be dumb, (f/n). There’s no one else out here.” 

“I thought you were the one who wanted to see the monster?” you asked, not whispering anymore, but still keeping your tone low. “How can you say there’s no one else out here?”

“Look around us,” he said, gesturing with his flashlight. “We’ve circled the same area three times and there’s been nothing.” He sounded frustrated.

Your (e/c) eyes widened as the beam of light illuminated a specific tree for a fraction of a second. “Look,” you said, pointing.

Fred turned and stared for a moment. Then he hurried towards the tree. There was a frayed, dirty piece of paper that had been attached to the truck somehow. On it were the words ‘leave me alone’ with a crudely drawn stick figure. The entire thing represented chicken scratch and looked as though it had been hastily drawn.

“What is that?” you asked, tiredly rubbing your arms to retain some of your body heat.

“My clue,” Fred said triumphantly, tucking it away in his bag. “There is a monster here!”

“But you just said there wasn’t…” you trailed off, rubbing the bridge of your nose in irritation. You had long since given up trying to figure out your roommate.

“Come on,” Fred ordered excitedly. “Maybe we’ll find more.”

You sighed, ready to go back to the apartment and fall into bed for the night. Fred started off back down the trail, and you reluctantly followed him once more. 

And suddenly, he was gone, leaving the flashlight and monster-hunting kit to fall to the forest floor. You glanced around warily, unsure of what was happening. “Fred?”

A choking noise caught your attention, and you glanced up to see Fred ten feet off of the ground with some sort of black branch wrapped tightly around his neck. His eyes were bulging slightly, and you could only stare. Your eyes wandered down the ‘branch’ that held him up, and noticed it was connected to a very strange looking tree.

You reached down and grabbed the flashlight he had dropped. Your eyes widened as your aimed it at the tree, which turned out to not be a tree after all. It was a very tall humanoid figure, standing at about nine feet.  His skin looked as though it had been bleached white, and he had absolutely no face. The ‘branch’ that was wrapped around your roommate’s neck was actually a tentacle, and one of eight that stretched from the strange creature’s back.

“Um…” you said, searching for something to say that wouldn’t have been entirely inappropriate.

The faceless creature turned his head so that it was obvious he was looking down at you instead of at his captive. You tensed under his nonexistent gaze.

“I knew we were being followed,” you murmured quietly, unable to move.

At your words, the creature wrapped another tentacle around Fred, but this time it was attached to your roommate’s waist. Then the strain on his body was visible as the creature literally pulled Fred apart. The light in Fred’s eyes faded and some of his blood splashed onto you. In any other situation, you would have been entirely disgusted, but you were too frozen in shock to do anything other than stare.

You’d just watched your roommate get ripped in half.

The creature dropped the pieces of Fred’s body and turned towards you menacingly. You managed to keep yourself composed, but you knew that your fear would show in your eyes.

“Aren’t jou afraid?” a voice thick with a German accent asked, and it surprised you. You didn’t think he’d be able to talk. 

“Of course I am,” you retorted, sounding slightly angry at his question. “You could kill me as easily as you just did to Fred.”

“Zhan vhy don’t jou run?” he asked curiously, tilting his head slightly. 

“What’s the point?” you asked tiredly. “You’ll just catch me anyways. If I’m destined to die tonight, then so be it.”

He was silent, and you figured he didn’t have a response to that. “Jou aren’t like any mortal I’ve met before.”

“Thanks, I think,” you replied, sitting down at the base of a tree. He watched your movements silently. “So, what’s your name?”

“Zhey call me Slenderman,” he answered, never taking his invisible eyes off of you.

“I’m (f/n), but I think you already know that.”

He simply nodded.

There was another silence, and you refrained from looking at Fred’s body. You were hiding your emotion on the subject rather well, in your opinion. Then Slenderman spoke.

“Vhat vould jou do if I told jou I vas going to kill jou?”

You shrugged. “Everything has to end sometime. Even you will, although I couldn’t predict when that would be. Maybe when the Earth ends.”

“Jou haff a very unique outlook on life,” he noted. “Give me jour arm.”

Wordlessly, you held out your left arm, knowing it wasn’t wise to argue with a higher power. He gently grasped it, whereas you were expecting him to be rougher. Using the tip of one long, white forefinger, he pierced the skin of the inside of your wrist. Then he drew a circle with an x through it.

“Zhis is my symbol. It marks jou as mine. I vill be zhe one to kill jou, but I vant to see vhere jou go in life first,” he explained.

As he pulled away, you watched the marking on your arm turn jet black, like some sort of tattoo. It fascinated you.

You had no response for him, and he could somehow sense this.

He drew back into the depths of the forest, disappearing from your sight.

“I vill be vatching jou, (f/n).” His voice echoed through the trees around you before fading.

You were left shivering in the night air at the base of the tree. You’d never been one to believe in luck, but for once you considered yourself lucky that you weren’t dead.