⤷ 29| THE THIRD TASK

Start from the beginning

She moved away and Harry gaped after her.

"Don't worry, Harry, I'm sure the Dursleys aren't here," June said in an amused voice.

They finished their breakfast and stood up. When June saw Harry hesitate, she grabbed his arm.

"Come on, Harry!"

They walked across the Hall and opened the door into the chamber.

Viktor was over in a corner, conversing with his dark-haired mother and father in rapid Bulgarian. He had inherited his father's hooked nose. On the other side of the room, Fleur was jabbering away in French to her mother. Fleur's little sister, Gabrielle, was holding her mother's hand. June smiled as she saw Timothée, Aubrey and Camille standing with them. The latter waved enthusiastically at June and she waved back.

When June turned around to see who had come for them, her eyes widened.

Sirius, Remus, Tonks, Andromeda, Ted, Molly, Bill and Charlie were all standing in front of the fire place, beaming at them.

"Surprise!" Molly said excitedly, making both June and Harry grin broadly.

"Wow," June breathed. "You're all here."

"Of course we are," Andromeda said. "We couldn't leave you here alone."

"We're your number one fans, kid," Ted added, smiling down at her.

"Thanks," June said, getting a bit emotional.

She then walked into Charlie's open arms and hugged him tightly.

"I've missed you," he quietly said, so that only she could hear it.

June smiled into his chest. "I've missed you, too."

☆ ☆ ☆

They spend the rest of the day touring their visitors around Hogwarts while exchanging stories about what they had done at Hogwarts.

When dinner came, June couldn't eat a thing, her nerves were killing her from inside.

"You'll be fine," Charlie assured her, going with his hand up and down her back to calm her. "You're going to win this thing, mark my words."

Juniper nodded absently and was relieved to see Dumbledore standing up to address them.

"Ladies and gentlemen, in five minutes' time, I will be asking you to make your way down the grounds for the third and last task of the Triwizard Tournament. Will the champions please follow Mr Bagman down to the stadium now."

Harry and June got up. Every Hogwarts student was applauding them as they headed off out of the Great Hall with Fleur and Viktor.

"Feeling all right, Harry?" Bagman asked, as they went down the stone steps into the grounds. "Confident?"

"I'm OK," Harry said, but June could tell he was nervous.

They walked onto the grounds, which was now completely unrecognizable. A twenty-foot-high hedge ran all the way around the edge of it. There was a gap right in front of them; the entrance to the vast maze. The passage beyond it looked dark and creepy.

Five minutes later, the stands had begun to fill; the air was fill of excited voiced and the rumbling of feet as the hundreds of students filed into their seats. The sky was a deep, clear blue now, and the first stars were starting to appear. Hagrid, Professor Moody, Professor McGonagall and Professor Flitwick came walking into the stadium and approached Bagman and the students. They were wearing large, red, luminous stars on their hats, all except Hagrid, who had his on the back of his moleskin waistcoat.