So I sat there, still and silent, lost in my own thoughts. Hunter assignment? What the hell was that? And why did Zane even sit next to me? After I had ignored him for this past week. I sighed loud enough to get Airlia's and Zane's attention.

Airlia placed a hand on my arm smiling down at me as she said, "everything will be okay, and Shadow Vampires don't bother us when we are enclosed by the school." This helped me relax even more. But that relaxation dried up when Zane spoke.

"Yes, but they can get through the gates." I whipped around to face him, finding myself yelling at the top of my lungs so that I would be heard.

"First you act like you have something for me." I carefully worded that, making sure Airlia wouldn't suspect anything. By the look on her face it told me she didn't. So I continued. "Then you ignore me for a whole week, you are no where to be seen by me but other students and teachers claimed to have seen you walking around. What's the deal?"

He looked at me with hurt in his eyes and a stone face. "I was trying to help the Hunters find the Shadow Vampires. But I was unsuccessful, I'm sorry Blaire. I really am, but this is stupid. I have things to take care of and people to save but you don't care. It's all about you isn't it? You're nothing like the Blaire I first met. Your becoming something that I have never seen before, and never expected to either."

Zane's words acted as if they had smacked me in the face, I never expected that from him. And seeing the disappointment in his face made a lump form in my throat. He was right, I was nothing like the new Blaire any more, day by day I was slowly becoming the old Blaire. Fearless and demanding twenty four seven. And I kicked myself for showing that side towards Zane. I wanted to tell him I was sorry for what I had done, but I couldn't seem to find the words. So I just sat there and let him see the tears that ran freely down my face. I didn't even bother to stop them as they kept flowing.

As he witness this his face was still hard as stone. How could he be so crule? Yes I did screw things up and did act like the old Blaire but I'm still learning. Yet he can't see that. I could feel Airlia shift on my left side. She grabbed my chin and turned me towards her. I didn't hide my face, she was my friend. And friends stuck together till the end.

Her face hardened as she stared into my sorrow filled eyes. Her expression getting darker and darker as she continued to stare at me. And finally, as if it all clicked she leaned over to glare at Zane. And by the look in her eyes I suddenly noticed that this Airlia I had never seen before. Her voice was lower than the crowd but easy to hear, and I knew Zane could pick up every word that came out of her mouth.

"You have a lot of courage to even try to yell at Blaire. She has been asking where you have been this whole week. Worried about you, and what do you do when you see her? The first words hurt her. So if you ever hurt Blaire again I will personally put you in the hospital. Blaire doesn't deserve that."

And with that Airlia grabbed my arm and pulled me away from Zane walking out of the theater, leaving him behind. Every step we took my chest started to loosen, and my eyes dried up. And I finally decided that I was no longer going to show weakness ever again. Because weakness wont help me when I'm out there killing these creatures. Walking alongside Airlia I felt myself find more pride in my steps.

Airlia and I went to a special class that taught young hunters how to fight Shadow Vampires. I had learned in that class that fighting them will be the most difficult thing to do in any Hunters life. I fought hard that day, against teachers that have been personally faced with Shadow Vampires. And after my training they told me that I had been amazing at fighting. The best that they had ever seen. All thanks to Zane and his speech back there, I fought harder than I ever had before.

Hunting Shadowsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें