Chapter Two

I walk out of the rehab centre without my crutches for the first time in months. The doctor finally gave me the green flag to walk and run without them. I walk to the end of the street and see my car.

I sigh and walk over to where it is and tap on the front door window "um I don't need a ride to school, I can just walk" the door opens and my escort steps out "I know ma'am but it's your fathers orders." He says as he walks over to the back door opening it for me. I sigh and step in figuring there's no reason to argue and he closes the door and gets back into the drivers seat and starts driving.

Once we arrive at the school I quickly step out hoping nobody will notice me. And keep my head down as the car drives down the street and out of sight. "Asuna!" "Asuna-san!" I look up to see Lisbeth and Silica running straight towards me , I start to run too but realize that they aren't slowing down. "Eh L-Lis hang on a minute! Slow down! Ah!"

She crashes into me full force and we both tumble to the ground she's still hugging me and Silica stands above both of us laughing. I laugh too and wait for Lis to let go, once she does I stand up and brush myself off. "It's great to have you back Asuna! We missed you a bunch!"

I laugh and hug her and Silica. "I missed both of you too" just then the school bell rings and all the students start to head in. Lisbeth and Silica show me around and get my to my locker "Alright we gotta get to class. See you at lunch right?" Lisbeth says with a smile. I nod in response and wave as they walk down the hall. "Okay I think this is it." I say looking up at the room number [Languages Rm. 207]

I open the door and walk into the class only to see everyone starring at me. My face turns red and I quickly walk to the back of the classroom and put my books and bag down. "Asuna? You okay?"

I look up seeing Kirito sitting in the desk beside me. "Kirito-kun, you have this class too?" He nods and sighs.
"Mhm, I've been reading a lot of articles in Japenese, so this class really helps me get a better idea of it, how about you? I didn't think id find you in this class"

I nod and look at my balled up hands on my desk "a lot of jobs need you to know more then one language, so I figured I'd learn what I can here" he nods and looks at my hands and places one of his on them "it's okay, you can relax, the teacher is really nice and the class is really simple"

I shake my head "n-no it's not that, it's just... Everyone keeps starring at me, in the halls, in classrooms, it's a little nerve racking" he laughs "I got the same reaction, they remember us as Asuna The Lightningflash and Kirito The Blackswordsman. Give it time, you'll get used To it."

I nod and he sits back down beside me, just then the bell rings and the students take their seats, and the teacher walks in.