Chapter 1

─── ・ 。゚: *

─── ・ 。゚: *.☽ .* :. ───

"I don't remember King's Cross station looking so..." Cedric paused, inhaling deeply, "Old." He continued, glancing in my direction.

"Well, that's because you're just a senior citizen now, Ced." I chuckled, attempting to make a joke.

He smiled at my reply and continued to gather his belongings from the luggage cart. Cedric and I stood a few feet away from other Hogwart's students, watching from the shadows as they hugged and conversed about things that they did over the summer holiday.

Looking down, I noticed that he had finished removing his luggage from the cart and was observing the crowd with a furrowed brow.

"Hey," I said, tugging at the sleeve of his Hufflepuff robe, "Are you ready?"

Clearing his throat, he began, "Ready for what? The stares or the weight of a thousand questions?" Cedric gave me a dry chuckle before looking away, uncomfortably.

"Cedric," I took a breath, "Even before the attack, you were always under the eyes of every single Hogwarts student. Sure, you're a different version of Cedric but, some of the same elements are still there-"

"Yeah, like what?" He interrupted.

"You have me," I huffed, slightly angry that he interrupted me, "And as long as I am alive, you will never have to walk through something alone."

I watched as the tense expression on his face dissolved, and a look of relief washed over him. "Now," I took Cedric's hand into my own, "Let's go to school."

We took approximately 3 steps before we were noticed by a 3rd year Gryffindor. I watched as he got the attention of his friends and pointed "discreetly" in our direction. Then, Cedric's presence spread like wild-fire.

After a few moments of Cedric and I standing at the head of the crowd, I noticed someone out of the corner of my right eye approach, "Ignore them, you'll get used to the stares after a bit."

It was Harry Potter, and closely behind him was Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger. He began to usher the both of us to the side, away from the center of attention.

Sending all 3 of them a smile, I noticed as Ronald looked up at the ceiling, almost as if he was refusing to acknowledge my kind gesture. I ignored this, assuming that maybe he just didn't notice.

"Thanks," Cedric replied, shuffling over, "How long did it take you?"

"Well," he inhaled deeply, "the first week is always a drag because there are new students who have never seen me before but, after that, everything is pretty normal."

"As normal as it can be. It seems like we never have a quiet year at Hogwarts." Hermione chimed in.

The tension built with each second that passed, and I could tell that Cedric was growing uncomfortable. The last time that he was in the presence of Harry Potter, he was attacked by Peter Pettigrew and barely managed to survive the effects of the Cruciatus Curse.