Chapter One- After Hours

Chapter one- after hours

The moonlight shone on their faces as she was pulled against Alex's chest, and they twirled in the garden behind the building. Since her dad had to work all weekend and didn't want to drive two hours each day they were staying in their rented cabin down the road from the office building. The party wasn't over neither had it just begun. Her dress twirled lightly as they spinned. Her hair hit her face as she buried her face in Alex's neck. His hand held lightly to her lower back as he held her other hand high. You could hear her black heels click every so often the light from the strings hanging from the trees danced in her eyes. The light made Alex's reflection look soft. The hand that rested on his shoulder gently stroked his cheek. The skin was soft and smooth under her hand. Their eyes locked as they stopped spinning and Alex leaned down to kiss her lips softly. Their lips meeting for a few moments.

The kisses they shared now were softer than before when they didn't know what was going to happen next if they were going to live or die. The tension was so built up in their relationship last year Robyn was so scared she was going to lose Alex. She took off her heels before he led her over to a gazebo surrounded by roses. When she reached up to move the hair out of his eyes her bracelet slid up her wrist. The silvers chain cool against her scar, the little silver heart dangling from it bounced against her wrist. The diamond initials shimmering in the light. Alex gave it to her for her 19th birthday. The light caught his eyes just right and she was lost in the pool of jade. His hair hit lightly on her cheekbone, as he trailed kisses softly up her neck.

"I love you Robyn." He said caressing her cheek with the palm of his hand. He was exactly three months older than her, yet he was so much wiser. She cuddled against him, as they sat on a bench next to a fountain. She rested her head on his shoulder "I love you too Alex, I don't know what would've happened to me if I hadn't of met you." She said as he rubbed her hair from the roots to the tips.

"Robyn?" A boy asked stepping lightly across the path from the house next door to the building. His hair was short and brown his ice blue eyes mesmerizing. He wore some ripped jeans and a faded orange t-shirt, his tennis shoes worn and muddy. He still had the face of a child even though he was almost 19.

"Zane? What are you doing here?" Robyn asked lifting her head to take in the boy.

"Well the question is what are you doing all the way back in Ohio?" He said taking a step towards stopping short when he saw the guy holding fast to Robyn's hand.

"I moved back in with my dad. This is my boyfriend Alex. Alex this is my old best friend/ ex boyfriend. I knew him when I was little." She said standing up and giving him a hug. Alex shook hands with him and glared at him, but he didn't notice he was too busy taking in Robyn's apparel.

"Oh wow. It must have taken a lot for you to move back you always hated it here." He said taking in Alex next, his godlike features, his flawless face, and wonderful complexion.

"Yeah but that's another story." She said looking down. Alex took her hand and squeezed it reassuringly,

"Robyn, we're leaving in ten minutes." Her dad yelled.

"Hey it was great seeing you. Maybe we can catch up another time ok. I'll catch you

tomorrow around three maybe." He nodded and hugged her again before they headed

to the car.

She leaned against Alex as he put his arm around her and they headed into the

cabin. She carried her heavy bag in and laid it on the bed, as Alex gave her a goodnight kiss. She saw her dad out of the corner of her eye looking at them disapprovingly, but she didn't care. She almost lost him ounce and now she didn't care what anyone else had to think. Robyn pulled her flannel PJ's on and sat on the couch to watch movies with her dad and Alex.

"Hey get up." Alex said shaking her at the same time as he was yawning. He stretched his legs out in front of him and scooted Robyn off him. His eyes were glazed and hazy, as he got up and pulled her off the couch. Her dad was still snoring in the chair. He pulled her into a tight embrace and led her to the kitchen where he began to make eggs. Robyn rested her chin on her hand and studied his movements.

"Why'd you wake me up so early?" She asked stretching.

"To show you this." He said flopping a newspaper down in front of her.

Murder strikes local resident, noone knows source of killer.

Late last night a group of high school kids were walking

Home from a night on the town when they saw someone

Lying on the street, nothing looked intentionally wrong

With her, eyewitnesses later stated. "I was just so scared

And was queasy as I watched the blood pour from her arm

As I called the police." One highschooler stated as the second

One called an ambulance. Please if you know anything about

This murder contact the number below.

Below was a picture of a woman about 43 with blonde hair resting gently on her back; she had blue eyes and a pale complexion. The words printed under it were two words she did not want to see.

"Jade Alexander."

Robyn let her shaking hands drop the paper to the floor. She looked at the counter where Alex had left something she hadn't used in a long time but would use again. The long slender blade that was always cool against her skin. Alex saw what she was going to do and grabbed her by the waist, and pulled her out of the chair turning her to face him. He shook her. "What are you thinking you swore to me never to hurt me like that again." He yelled. A shaking hand reached up to brush her hair out of her face. "Please, Robyn I can't lose you like that." He said pulling her against his chest and cradling her. She nodded and padded down the hall to her room. Alex hid all the knives ounce he knew she was gone. She flopped on the bed and started crying. She didn't know Alex was in the room until he was on the bed holding her head in his lap stroking her hair. "Shh, please don't cry don't worry about it don't be mad at me." He said wiping her tears away.

"Do you hate me?" she choked lifting up and resting a head on his shoulder. She left tear marks on his brown shirt as she buried her face in his shoulder.

"No, but sometimes you're a handful." He said, as she got up and pulled her clothes out of the bag she packed. As she walked out of the room she turned back to Alex, "I love you." She said before heading to the bathroom.

The warm water rolling down her back was soothing, as she scrubbed her hair. Alex tied her red satin ribbon choker around her neck, as she finished her makeup. She started trying to untangle the jungle that was her hair. Alex pulled the brush out of her hand and eased through it gently. She set the brush down on the counter and turned to face him hugging him, and kissing him gently as he set her on the counter so she could reach his face without being on her tip toes.

"Stop that! Not in this house!" Her dad said pulling her away from Alex's grip though she clung to him tightly. He looked over her rugged apparel. Gray spaghetti strap shirt and faded blue jeans with holes in the knees. Her black flip-flops were old and worn "Go change this instant" He said pushing her towards her room. She held her ground.

"Dad, I'm not a little kid you can't control me. I'm sorry I'm moving out next month and that I'm in love with Alex, but you can't act like that." She said walking back towards Alex, as he wrapped his arms around her.

"I will not have you fooling around with this guy until I see a ring on your finger." He said sternly crossing his arms across his chest.

"That's the problem dad we're not fooling around." She said just as sternly.

"Fine, Do whatever, but let's see if you're in my house when we get home." He said walking out of the room and heading for the car to go to work.

"I've lost both my parents." Robyn said leaning back against Alex. BY the time she found her purse, and cell phone it was two thirty. She pulled on her black sunglasses and threw her black tote on her shoulder, holding hands with Alex as they walked down the sidewalk to Zane's house.