Chapter 3

He needed Karl.

Karl was the man for this and after that one time he still had a favor that he would take up now. As said he called him, asking to come over as fast as possible.

They had been friends for quite a bit now, nothing like sap and George, but close enough. The man even had a key to their house, smth he even had before the others moved in.

"Dream?" 

Karl only lived a street away so it truly wasn't unusual for him to show up this quickly.

"Why are sapnap and George napping on the couch? Don't they have beds?"

Oh, he had completely forgot about them, way too focussed on his inner conflict to care.

"We had a movie night and they fell asleep I guess, couldn't be bothered to get to their bed."

The brown haired nodded and sat down onto the bed, looking over with a raised eyebrow.

"OK so, what do you suddenly need the favor for now? Are you in any kind of troub-"

"Kiss me."

Silence. The whole room turned silent and it wasn't the good one. Heavy air filled the whole room.

"OK.. OK excuse me what?"

Had that been too straight forward? Maybe, but on the other hand, wasn't that better than dancing around the topic for a good half an hour?

"I.. I am in fucking denial. And.. The favor. Argh.. Its just.."

Dream started to fidget in his seat, avoiding the others eyes at best.

"Slow down and roll it from the beginning please. I don't think I can follow what you're talking about.."

"I have to find out if I might be.. I dunno.. You know.. Not straight.."

The blonde scratched his neck and Karl's jaw almost dropped to the floor. Did he just hear that right? Dream wanted to test if he might be interrested in men? The Dream? Dream that was, eh, had been as straight as a line all his life?

"And.. And you want me to kiss you to find out if you.. Like it?"

It wasn't very sure if it was a question or a statement but after all, it summed up the situation pretty well.

"Yeah. If that's not too much to ask as a favor."

Maybe he really didnt think this through. Was it weird to ask something like that?

"Good. Let's do it then."

This sentence brought dream back to reality and made him flinch. Now Karl was the one being too straight forward.

"Oh yeah, then.. Then how..?"

He weirdly lifted his hands, really unsure if he should get closer or not, after all this was his first time. Luckily Karl was noticing how conflicted he was, getting closer towards the other.

At the time that his hand was reaching clays cheek, his heart had gotten faster. Not really because it would be so exciting, but he was rather nervous to find out If he indeed liked guys too.

"You really sure you want this?"

And before it could all get to his nerves, dream had reached out and pulled the other close by his collar. Then there was silence. Neither of them really moved, no noises, nothing.

"Clay why did yoOOOH I AM SORRY I WILL GO!"

Dream's heart stopped for a second. That had been Georges voice. George had been in his room. George had seen him kiss Karl!
He immediately pulled away from Karl, eyes wide like dinner plates.