"Here you are kid, take good care of her alright?" Alice nodded and brushed through the doll's hair before tugging on Kennedy's hand.

"Let me show you my toys inside my room. I have so much!" Kennedy laughed and got up looking towards Jon who nodded and smiled watching his niece lead his girlfriend toward her room.

"You've got a good one, son." He heard her mother said from the window in the kitchen.

Jon got up and made his way their standing against the wall, "She's great mom, where's Michelle?"

"She's coming home now - and what did I tell you about paying our bills." She smacked his arm with the kitchen towel as she scowled.

"It's the least I could do ma, you know it's my job to take care of you guys." He rubbed his arm and heard her sigh.

"I know son, but one day you're going to have your own family and I want to make sure you have enough for them too. Not waste it on us."

His mom always had a fear of never having enough. Maybe it was because of the rough childhood that they had, always overestimating and never having enough to pay bills or make it through rent. But Jon knew he would always have enough for himself and his family.

"Ma, you don't have to worry about that anymore. I'm secure with my finances and I want to do all I can to help the three of you out. You know that I just want to help and get you guys out of here, move closer to me in Vegas. We can all be together when I'm not on the road."

"It's not practically right now, Jonny. Michelle's got work and school here, Alice has plenty of friends at school and it'd tear her apart leaving so suddenly. I know it's not the best location, but we make it work. Maybe one day son, but not now."

He sighed and nodded his head, "Fine, but one day I'm going to get you guys out of here. I promise."

She smiled and hugged her son, patting him on the back. "So tell me more about your girlfriend. When did you start dating?"

"Well, it kinda happened unexpectedly, I asked her out after we got into a whole misunderstanding. She was trying to tell me she had feelings for me, I thought she had feelings for someone else. I went to her hotel room and listened, and we kinda just started dating right then and there. But honestly, if you'd ask me, I was falling for her from the start, she's one of a kind."

His mom rested a palm over her heart and smiled, "Well I'm happy for you Jon, take good care of her alright?"

"With my life mom. You guys coming to the show tonight, Kennedy was able to get you three tickets."

"Of course we're coming, we never miss an event here. How are her parents?"

"Steph and Paul are great too, I mean Paul was a little hesitant with me, but that's expected. I think I earned his respect though, they both trust me to take care of her."

"Thats good, it's always great to have both parents respect you. I sure do respect Kennedy. Do you see the way she treats Alice? Just met her today, and she immediately cares for her."

Jon nodded and helped his mom set up lunch on the table, "It's in her blood ma, she's the oldest of all her siblings and cousins. Practically taking care of the little ones since she was a kid."

"That's good wife and mother material. You see yourself together forever?" His mom smirked, and he nodded.

"Of course, one day we'll have our own little family when she's ready. For now, we're going with the flow."

"That's great - Michelle, is that you?" His mom called out hearing the front door open followed by keys.

"Yes mom! Whose car is in the - Jon!" Michelle dropped her bag and pulled her big brother into a hug.