Chapter 10 : Ruthless Dao

Before Baili Qingmiao it was He Wenchao who was the fastest person in the Shangqing sect to advance to the Golden Core realm. He became a Golden Core cultivator in just three years, after he built his foundation at the young age of 18. Cultivation was a way of stealing from heaven and it became more and more difficult to cultivate as you advanced. It was relatively simple to attract Qi and gain Qi Enlightenment. Ordinary martial arts practitioners could do it even if they only had good physical durability. The foundation building was the real threshold to enter the world of cultivation. This threshold eliminated countless people. How many people, who yearned for this cultivation path, were stopped in front of this high threshold and unable to advance until they died.

And even if you advanced to foundation building, would you be able to reach immortality?

Probably not.

There were many people, who had come to a stand still in the foundation building period for more than 50 years, and had not formed a golden core until their life force was exhausted. Qi enlightenment is to absorb the energy of heaven and earth into the body, Qi Refinement is to refine them for their own use. Foundation building is to build the foundation and use heaven’s and earth’s Qi to force out the acquired impurities in the body and achieve the innate body. The golden core realm is to form golden cores in the Dantian and for the first time your divine sense can look inside its body. It is then, when dantian is emerging and the body becomes a world of its own, truly transforming cultivator from mortal to immortal.

It was already a miracle that He Wenchao was able to form it in three years. But what about Baili Qingmiao? When she was just 18 years old, she built her foundation and at the end of the year before her master could teach her the mental cultivation of Golden Core, she already advanced to Golden Core!

Elder Qing Yue of the Deacon’s Hall had checked Baili Qingmiao’s cultivation and confirmed that her Qi was normal and not devil qi. She cultivated the heart method of the Shangqing sect and she understood the heart method of the Golden Core realm with her own strength.

Such a talent has never appeared in the Shangqing sect before.

Elder Qing Yue nodded his head in satisfaction, a light smile played on his lips. After offering incense to his ancestor he rang the Shangqing sect’s Moon Bell.

The Shangqing sect’s Moon Bell was precisely one of the three great immortal artifacts of the Shangqing sect, guarding Shangqing sect mountain’s protection array for many years, the bell’s ringing could be heard throughout the sect unless the cultivator ringing it was on the brink of the death. Ordinary Golden Core cultivators were not worthy of the Deacon Hall elders summoning the whole sect. Even He Wenchao who advanced to Golden Core three years ago failed to receive this treatment. Baili Qingmiao situation was rare, and Elder Qing Yue decided to activate the Moon Swinging Bell after careful consideration.

As soon as the Moon Swinging Bell rang, He Wenchao, who was tossing in the bed with Shu Yangyan at the bottom of the mountain, also heard it.

With the sound of the bell the voice of elder Qing Yue spread to everyone’s ears: “Lingyun peak, Baili Qingmiao under the master Qing Rong advanced to Golden Core, it took her a year.”

He Wenchao froze.

Shu Yanyan also heard the sound of the moon bell, but she was not a disciple of the Shangqing sect so she could not hear the voice of the elder Qing Yue. She pretended to not know anything and encircled He Wenchao neck with her jade arm, whining: “Young He, don’t bully this concubine, hurry up…”

Excellent acting, worthy of being the Right Protector of the Xuanyuan Sect!

He Wenchao, however, was no longer in mood. He hurriedly got up, and got rid of her smell on his body with a purification trick. Shu Yanyan looked over questioning: “Young He?”