12:30 PM, October 31st.

Începe de la început

"Give me a break. "Lewinsky grumbled. "It's the cold season with winter well on the way. I'm a cold blooded reptile."

"Lizardfolk aren't cold blooded like your simpleton look-a-likes." said Velvo as he pulled a few files off his considerably neater and cleaner desk. "It's lack of sleep I'm telling ya. When's the last time you took a good 7 hours?"

"Hmmm, maybe last month? The Chief's really been piling on the work load." Muttered Lewinsky.

"Ha! Sure, taking in that mad Halloween Prankster was work! It's the thirty-first century Dave! Nobody works overtime anymore unless the automatons have broken down! Just upload the info into the computer and let those metal trashcans take care of the tough stuff!"

"I prefer pencil and paper." said Lewinsky as he continued to scribble over the paperwork. "Adds a personal touch."

"Yeah, and while you're up here adding personal touches to the most boring crimes on planet earth your wife's sitting at home waiting at home worried sick that you got shot in a gang war or something."  said Velvo. 

"Hmmm, you might have a point." Muttered Lewinsky. "Maybe I should let the Autos handle it."

But just as Lewinsky was considering dumping his paperwork over at the android division at the back of the police department, somebody familiar stepped between the desks. 

A lazy looking man with a slender body and almost feminine features to his face and the telltale pointed ears of an elf, wearing a winter coat and holding a mug of coffee stepped into Lewinsky's periphreal vision. 

"Yo, sorry guys, chief says all units that are available gotta head for Sloane Street off of Westbrook." said the elf in a lazy drone. 

"What for!? c'mon Ted! It's Halloween, my kids wanna go trick'o'treatin' with me this year and my wife's gonna glare daggers at me if I'm late!"

"Ease off it Velvo, it's still like, half past noon." muttered Ted. "Just telling you what the chief said, don't shoot the messenger." 

"Sure." said Lewinsky. "We'll get on it."

"I swear if its another school shooting." Muttered Velvo. 

"Lets just get there in one piece." muttered Lewinsky. "Elvish Mob activity's spiked since last week for some reason."

The pitch black Model T police cruiser was already ready in the parking lot by the time Lewinsky and his partner got outside. A sleek looking car with white glowing slits for headlights, the car's features seemed to possess an almost cloak and dagger feel if it weren't for the red and blue police lights on either mirror. 

As Lewinsky got into the driver's seat, the sights and sounds of Atlantis Delta met his eyes. 

Towering corporate run skyscrapers shone like mirrors against dim gray rain clouds that wrapped the city's skyscape today. 

The other buildings came of all shapes and sizes. Some were concrete apartment buildings, others were strange buildings made of stones imbedded with magic runes, probably run by Fairy Shelters. 

Cars bustled through the streets, accompanied by the occasional taxi, and beings of all races and shapes and sizes traversed the streets going about their day. 

"They say the Carbon Count in the atmosphere's gone down quite a bit today!" said Velvo as Lewinsky carefully drove and merged into traffic. "like they say 3 or 2 percent more and we could be looking at a completely Clear Climate! Can't believe we've reached this point after just a century of atmospheric enchanting."

"Hmmm, its good news, but that means plenty of people are gonna be out of a job." said Lewinsky. "I have a cousin whose a water fairy who works a cleaning crew over in New York Alpha, near the Statue of Liberty. She doesn't know what she's going to do come Clean Planet Day."