chapter one - black diamond

"Absolutely not, Omi," she growls, following the taller man into their living room. "I'm just as good you. I'm coming tonight."

Her stepbrother sighs, running a hand through his black curls. He gives her an apologetic look that she hopes is sincere. "Y/N, it's not that I don't trust you. It's that..."

"He doesn't trust you," Motoya chimes in, cackling as he kicks his feet up on the coffee table. Kiyoomi slaps his legs with the rolled up blueprints in his hand. "He thinks you're going to embarrass us in front of Inarizaki—"

"—and we can't have that after it took so long to convince Kita to let us join them," Kiyoomi finishes, looking down at the girl. She crosses her arms as she narrows her eyes at him.

"You're so annoying," Y/N huffs and pushes her hair out of her face. "Just admit that you're afraid that someone's gonna hit on me or something."

"She's got a point, man," Motoya laughs. Kiyoomi shoots his cousin a glare, but he keeps going. "Not all of us are lucky enough to have a pretty stepsister."

Y/N rolls her eyes. "I will run you over," she says, snatching her car keys off the table.

"Oh, I don't doubt that."

Kiyoomi sighs again. "Fine. You can come. But don't flirt with anyone."

Y/N mimics his frown. She knows him too well to think that he's anything but distrustful of her. "What the hell? Where's the fun in that?"

The parking garage on the outskirts of Tokyo looks normal on the outside, but once she reaches the basement level, the windows of her baby blue 2015 LaFerrari vibrate from the bass of the music being dialed up to a hundred. It echoes through the cabin, and she grips her steering wheel just a tad tighter as she parks beside Kiyoomi's new matte black Audi S8 and Motoya's silver BMW F82 M4 GTS.

She glances at her side mirror to see the two approaching her car. Kiyoomi is wearing a black mask, and he points to his face, then at Y/N, signaling for her to put hers on. She groans and reaches into the tiny white Dior bag in the passenger seat beside her, hooking the elastic straps of her face mask behind her ears.

The butterfly door of the driver's side opens up, and Y/N steps out gracefully as if she hadn't practiced getting out of her sports car so she wouldn't embarrass herself in moments like these. She thanks herself for mastering the exit as she takes note of the men trailing behind Kiyoomi and Motoya.

There's five of them. One has grey hair with black tips and the most serious face Y/N has ever seen. That must be the captain... Kita, she thinks. He's followed by two identical twins, one platinum blond, one brunette, both of them smirking. Their reputation precedes them. The Miya twins. Hmph. Omi said they weren't cute. What a fucking liar. Then comes someone she's met before: Aran, who was the reason Motoya got into Inarizaki. He and Y/N share a curt nod.

The last man in the group has an icy glare that makes Y/N's mouth water. The air in the garage gets colder the closer he gets to her, but she feels her face flush with blood. His eyes glow a honeyed jade under the fluorescent lights, and she can barely find it in her to look away to realize that all of the team are dressed in black.

For once, she's glad that Kiyoomi made her change what she was wearing. At least she doesn't look out of place in her leather trousers and black satin corset. The few other girls nearby are all in short skirts and tiny tops, but there was no chance in hell Kiyoomi would have let her leave the house so exposed. Especially with Atsumu Miya on his team.

"Hello," Kita says, stepping forward. He isn't as tall as Kiyoomi, but is threatening all the same, voice flat and devoid of any emotion. "I've heard a lot about you, Y/N. Glad to have you here tonight."