Instead Harry would listen into Gemma speak about her job coming up and that she was both nervous and excited about it. Harry and his mum agreed that Gemma had nothing to fright about because she was going to be just fine once she started to involve herself with her job. It was a plus that she enjoyed wanting to teach children.

The focus even stayed on Gemma through their cheesecake and chocolate puddings. Harry would call this afternoon a success, and something he easily do with his family again. 

"I've got the bill." Harry said as he reached over his sister's plate to grab the bill from the waiter.

"Now, Harry," Anne started.

"Now, mum," Harry mocked, taking out his credit card from his wallet after he was able to get a look at the total on the receipt. He tucked his card into the bounded booklet and set it down on the table. "It's not a problem. I invited you both out so it's my treating." He left out the part where he made enough money at work so this meal wasn't a big deal to spend on. 

"I'm in no argument here." Gemma said, raising her hands up in surrender. 

After they left the restaurant, and went home, Harry made a tea and some coffee. The tea was for his mum and the coffee was for him and Gemma. His mum stayed until she finished her tea because she wanted to make it home before Robin returned. 

"So, brother," Gemma said once their mum left. She re-positioned herself on the couch, tucking her legs underneath her to get more comfortable.

"So, Gem," Harry responded from the chair next to her. He sipped at his coffee and then sent her a look, wondering what was on her mind. 

"You mind if I sleep at yours? I'm meeting some friends at this club in London. It's my last get together with them before I start working." She explained to him. 

He shrugged his shoulders, not caring if she did. He didn't really have a spare bedroom because, again he never had guests or thought about that when he signed for the flat, especially overnight ones. 

"It's fine with me if you're fine with taking the couch." 

Gemma smiled. "Great. Thanks. You should join us. Yeah! It would be fun!" She started to get excited over her new plans. 

Harry made a face, not really in the mood to be out with Gemma and her friends. It's been quite some time since he's been out, though it would make another good distraction from a certain someone.

"I don't know," Harry began to tell her. "I'm sure you don't want your older brother imposing on your night with your friends. I don't want to be a bother." 

"Nonsense, my friends like you." She told him.

"I've never even met any of them." Harry shook his head. 

"Well, they've seen pictures of you and they like you in them. You're not a terrible person or anything, Harry." Gemma shrugged her shoulders. 

Harry let out a breath at that. 

"Oh, come on, Harry. What else did you plan on doing tonight?" She asked, moving over onto the couch so that she was in the closest seat next to Harry.

"I could have plans. I'm full of surprises, remember?" Harry said, sounding a bit offended that his younger sister wanted to drag him out for a night on the town. He didn't need to be offended. The truth was that what he was going to do tonight, well, he had somewhat of an idea. he was going to go into his room and see if 'Lucky' messaged him when he was out. he was anxious to get back to his phone, hoping he wouldn't meet with a blank screen and disappointment in a man he shouldn't feel that way about. 

He wasn't going to call the hot line tonight, not if his sister ended her night early and came around only to catch her brother getting off over the phone. That would be a nightmare for everyone. 

"Do you have plans?" She pressed on coyly. "Come on, I promise none of my friends are like Jacelyn and you're not allowed to hook up with any of my friends either." She said, making a disgusted face.

"Fine, and you don't have to worry about that last bit." He muttered to her before drinking his coffee again. Then he stood up to place his empty mug into the kitchen sink, taking Gemma's along as well. 

Gemma let out a happy sound before she got up, ran over to her brother, and gave him a hug. "I know I invited you but do you mind arranging the taxi? Can't be out drinking and then drive. Mum would have a proper fit, probably put all the blame on you for not being a protective older brother and all." She smiled at him.

Harry let out a sigh, knowing that was completely accurate and he was glad that Gemma was smart enough to know that. "Yeah, it's no problem." Harry returned the smile, wiping a hand on his cheek once she kissed it. 

"Great! I'll do the washing up when you go off and get that set." She ushered him out of the kitchen, out of her way. 

Harry put his hands up in surrender as he backed away from the sink. He was actually eager to get back to his phone anyway. Gemma didn't need to know that detail. 

Walking back into his room, his fingers started to shake, a little bit nervously. Once in his room his eyes locked with his phone straight away, which he picked up and then pressed the button that would turn his screen on: 

Lucky

You callin tonight?

That was it? After all of Harry's messages, all 'Lucky' wanted to know was if Harry was going to be spending his night ringing him up? Sure, Harry was a frequent caller, his next phone bill would certainly be evidence of that, but he found himself expecting more from 'Lucky' and he was also a bit annoyed with all that he got in return/ 

Harry

No. Sorry. Have other plans.