A 'perfect' life I never asked for

Start from the beginning

"Why cant any of you be like Thomas over there??? He's three to four years younger than all of you but he's got the most potential out of all of you!" He exclaimed agitatedly while pointing at me who was at the back of the room.

Everyone's eyes were on me and I could see all the hatred in their eyes.

Another day, another beating I guess...

But at this point I've gotten used to it already, it was practically a routine for me and the whole class now.

"Mr Thomas how about you answer this question for them?" He said, I sighed and stood up, my usual flat bored out of my mind face on.

~Time skip~

School was finally done and my beating was also done. I never bothered fighting back or seeking help so they would all just get a free hit on me. And deep down inside I hoped that one day, one day they'll hit a vital area and I'll just...be gone from this cruel and unfair world.

But sadly today's beating wasn't that day. I don't know how but my face doesn't swell up or get bruised whenever they beat me. Yes I can feel the pain but it doesn't make a bruise, it was an unluckily lucky ability I was born with.

I was still waiting for my ride back gone to arrive so I was just waiting outside on one of the circular chairs. Then on the corner of my eyes I caught sight of a kitten, it was a black white kitten. It looked like it was lost and was looking for its mother.

Having nothing else better to do I calmly walked over to it, thankfully it didn't run away so I crouched down to look at it.

"Meow" it mewled cutely and for the first time in a long while I smiled.

"Aww you're so cute" I said and reached my hand out slowly, trying to not scare it or make it feel threatened by me.

Once my hand was in front of the kitten it reached its cute tiny paws out and touched my palm.

My smile widened and it also smiled at me? Huh, I didn't know cats could smile, but it did and that made my heart melt at how cute it looked.

"Im gonna name you Sykkuno!"

~One month later~

Every since that day I would always look forward to the end of the school day to go talk or play with the now grown white cat.

Since I couldn't really bring it home cause my parents would just throw it our or something I decided to make a box house for it.

It was just a cardboard box with a blanket on top of it and two food bowls I somehow bought discreetly without my parents knowing. One for food and one for liquids like milk or just water.

But since I couldn't keep an entire bag of cat food in our house or anywhere I just fed it my lunch food.

Whenever it was lunchtime I would just eat a small portion of the food and save it for after school to feed the cat with.

I hid the cat's home at the very edge of the school yard behind one of the bushes. And so far no one knows of its existence yet.

And after school and my beating ended I happily made my way towards the bush where my cat Sykkuno was. Well my driver was already there so I told him to wait for a while.

I needed to feed Sykkuno first (the cat).

It was still there and when it saw me it smiled and catwalked its way towards me. I crouched down so that I could out the food on its bowl and got my water bottle out and poured water into the other bowl.