4: The Lovely People are the Most Desperate of All

You guys get an extra chapter this week because I forgot to write this A/N in the last chapter and I'm too lazy to change it now. So: if you are interested in Wolfstar, Starbucks/Jegulus, Drarry, gxg supernatural books, and/or bxb supernatural books, please follow me and/or check out my (many) reading lists! Their titles are specific, so you won't have to search through half the list to see what it consists of. Also: I am going to be making a discord for anyone who wants to join me there. It will be mainly for updates and for you to chat with me, but I might also ask you guys for help if I need it whilst writing one of my books. There can be fandom-specific groups if you want, just tell me in the comment section for this A/N. I think that's it for now, so enjoy the extra chapter this week!
XoXoXo, Nyla

RYNER POV
'Ryner, can you hear me?' My father's voice rings out in my voice.
'Yes father. I am watching a movie with Ryder. What do you need?' I respond gently to my father's mind link.
'I need you to see me in my office. Now please. And being Ryder, this concerns the both of you.' Father states with finality.
'Coming father.' I reply and close the link. I look down and see my brother in the bed next to mine.
"Father needs us in his office, Ryder." I say to him.
Ryder looks up at me and stands up. I follow him out the room, and around the corner to my father's office. We knock 3 times as we enter without response.
"What did you need, father?" Ryder asked our father, the King Alpha of the world.
"Because you are 20, and still have not found your mate yet, you may not take over the Royal Pack, Ryner, or the Witch Kingdom, Ryder." Father said.
"What would you like for us to do?" I ask. Ryder and I already know this.
"Well, since you are the prince-alpha juniors of the world, I want you to check on all the werewolf packs in the world. You will go from country to country, starting with the biggest packs and working your way down to the smallest pack. You will begin this mission in the US." When he finishes speaking, Ryder and I both nod in unison.
"Yes father. What is the biggest pack in the United States? Where shall we go first?" Ryder asks.
"The largest pack in the US is the Red Moon Pack in Oregon, Ohio. You will leave out tomorrow morning. You should start packing immediately." When father finishes explaining a second time, he shoos us out of his office with his hands.
Ryder and I walk back up to our room and take out 2 suitcases each. We both filled them to the brim with outfits. D packed a duffel bag full of sports equipment, while I packed a duffel bag filled with books.
'Why do you think he's doing this all of a sudden?' I asked my wolf, Frost.
'He's getting old and mom won't be able to rule the witch kingdom for much longer. They both need us to take over as King Alpha and Ryder and Jolec to take over as King Warlock.' Frost replies.
'Yeah, but I really don't wanna go.' I say. I really just want to stay here, with Ryder.
'Just go without complaints. I have a good feeling about this trip. And plus, you will come back here after staying with this pack. You will only stay for a week. Get over yourself.' Frost says. I can feel he is starting to get frustrated with me and I cannot seem to figure out why. Oh well.
I go to bed, after saying my good nights to my brother, and think about what the upcoming trip has to bring.
JORDAN POV
At least Zeke is able to get a hold of Xander. But he will be going into heat soon. Ezekiel said a week at most. I must rescue him before this happens.
'Dr. Hayworth. May I see my father now?' I mind linked the pack hospital's main doctor.
'Actually, Aloha Jordan, could I meet you in your office before you come?' Dr. Hayworth asked me nervously.
'Yes. Come on over. But it does need to be slightly quick. I have a meeting to attend.' I tell Dr. Hayworth firmly.
'I am on my way now.' I hear the doctor respond quickly.
As I am already in my office, I decide to mind link my beta, Kade.
'Kade, I need a meeting with you in about 30 minutes. Okay?' I tell Kade.
As I wait for Kade's response, a knock sounds on my door. Knowing it's the doctor, I tell them to come in.
'I will be there.' Kade replies.
Nodding, I beckon for Dr. Hayworth to start talking.
"I really don't know how to say this properly, so I will get straight to the point..." He trails off, waiting for me to get show him a sign that I wish for him to continue. Nodding my head once, he starts talking again. "Your father has..." He pauses for a long time. I raise a single eyebrow, which seems to urge him to continue quickly. A bit too quickly. "Yourfatherhaskilledhimself." Dr. Hayworth sighs out, squishing his words together. "Sorry." He apologizes m. He seems to try again, and this time, his words are understandable. "Your father has killed himself. Last night, during the rogue attack." Dr. Hayworth says. He looks about to cry.
"This is extremely unfortunate. I will announce the terrible news at the pack meeting I was going to hold today." I am on the verge of tears, but I have to keep my shit together. I am the new alpha after all.
Dr. Hayworth nods and silently exits my office. After he leaves, I broke down for the second time this weekend.
I just feel totally broken. My mate was taken from me. My dad killed himself. I don't know why this is all happening to me.
I hear someone knock, and after seconds of receiving no response, the knocker opens my office door.
KYLE POV
The door leading to the bathroom opens, and the last person I expected to see walks out.
"Noah... what are you doing here? Why did you go rogue? I missed you so much all these years." I blubber out to him.
Scrambling out of the bed, I ran around to him. I reach out to hug him, but realize he is still wet from his shower, so I refrain from doing so.
"Why did you take me from the pack house Noah?" I ask him. I should be careful and scared, but I know he won't hurt me. We were best friends before he went rogue, and he gives me a feeling of safety.
"They have you sleeping in the dungeons like a prisoner. I'm sure your father and alpha are still abusing you." He spits out the word alpha as if keeping it in his mouth any longer would kill him.
"How did you... I never... how would you know?" I ask, clearly flustered.
"Oh, my sweet, innocent, beautiful mate. How much I yearn to tell you. How much I NEED to tell you." He emphasizes the word 'need' and I get confused.
Only after a couple seconds do I register his smell. He smells of apple pie and cinnamon sticks.
'XANDER... I'M GOING TO GET YOU FOR THIS!!' I yell angrily to my wolf.
Xander squeaks weakly and blocks me out, scared of my reaction.