Chapter 47: Cassie Diggory

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing here?" a voice snapped. Tyler turned around and he caught his breath. Cassie was standing there, her long brown hair in a small braid tossed over her shoulder, and her chestnut eyes wearing a cold expression.

"Cassie, we need a Healer," Tyler told her.

"Who's we?" Cassie asked, nodding to his arm. Tyler's face flushed a deep red as he tried his best to use his short sleeve shirt to cover his Dark Mark.

"Not them, it's Cedric and Amora. You're the only Healer we could trust," Tyler explained.

"How was the wedding? Never found my invitation in the mail," Cassie sighed, walking across the small room.

"Cassie, you and your parents are in hiding, Cedric couldn't have invited you," Tyler said.

"So why are you here now?" Cassie questioned. Tyler simply wanted to say that he missed her, but now clearly wasn't the time.

"Amora's dying, you're a Healer, and I think everything's my fault," Tyler sighed.

"If she needs my help, I'm going," Cassie said firmly.

"Honey, your father and I are home!" a voice called from the front door.

"Sorry Mum, got to go help a friend!" Cassie shouted back. She then grabbed Tyler's hand, and he stiffened in shock. He held her hand, trying his best not to blush, as he reached out for Dobby's.

They then disappeared as quickly as they came.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"...malnourishment and bruising as well, but I managed to stitch her up before the bleeding got too bad. Her body is going to be sore, and those bruises won't help, but it's best to get her started on some food soon. I don't reckon that the place she's been at cared too much about how she was doing if she's in this shape. It's best that she gets some rest in bed for a bit," a voice explained.

Astrid blinked, her eyes feeling heavy. The sounds of waves hitting the shores was a hypnotizing rhythm. A girl with light brown hair, the identical shade to Grey Eyes, and brown eyes looked over her, concern etched into her expression.

Grey Eyes was also there, and he was holding Astrid's hand. From the way he was sitting, he must have assumed she was still asleep. Amora kept her hand with his, because for some reason this feeling felt so natural.

"Am I in heaven?" Astrid asked wearily, trying to push herself in an upright position. Grey Eyes used his arm and reached out to help her sit up, but Astrid flinched when he touched her. She looked at his hand as if it was going to bite her, and glanced nervously at him.

"I'm not going to hurt you, alright?" Grey Eyes murmured. He looked at her, but instead of Roger, he didn't look upset at all. She almost believed this stranger cared about her.

Almost.

"Where have Harry and the others gone?" Grey Eyes asked.

"Back to Hogwarts, I reckon they're getting ready for some big fight," Brown Hair Girl shrugged.

"Cassie...you can't go anywhere near that," Grey Eyes said sternly.

"Not like you're going to stop me," Cassie snapped, before turning around and stomping out of the room.

Astrid lay on the queen bed with baby blue sheets and nice patterned walls, the breeze of the sea flowing in.

Then, Aspen walked in. Astrid looked down, ashamed. She had stupefied him, and he helped her escape.

"Excuse me, but I'm not sure why you two helped me. Why any of you helped me," Astrid said, looking to Grey Eyes and Aspen.

"Do you really not remember who we are?" Aspen asked.

"Worse than that, I don't think I remember who I am," Astrid mumbled.

"What's your name?" Grey Eyes asked.

"Astrid Black-Davies," Astrid said, twisting the ring on her finger. She was much too scared to take it off, afraid that Roger would find her and get upset.

"Did you say Davies?" Grey Eyes questioned, his expression turning dark.

"Yeah, Roger. He's a dick, seems to be the only fact I haven't forgotten," Astrid shrugged.

"Well I'm Aspen LeStrange, you're older brother," Aspen said, reaching his hand out. Astrid glanced at his hand nervously, unsure whether to take it.

"I'm Cedric Diggory," Grey Eyes smiled shyly.

"And who am I?"

"Amora Diggory," Cedric told her. Astrid's heart skipped a beat. This was who she was looking for. This is who she needed to find.

"You're my husband," Astrid whispered.

"Wouldn't want to be anything else," he responded. Amora reached out and grabbed his hand. Astrid froze, confused. Why did she grab this stranger's hand? Maybe he just wasn't a stranger...

"We need to break this memory charm," Astrid said, determined.

"The only way we could do that would be to get Bellatrix to willingly undo it, and I doubt she would do that," Aspen muttered, running his hand through his hair.

"There's another way," Astrid said, "But I doubt you guys would like it."

"If it get's your memory back, I'll do anything," Cedric assured her.

"You would have to torture me. I read about it in the Malfoy's Library. In 1994, Lord Voldemort and Peter Pettigrew broke a Memory Charm placed by Barty Crouch Snr on Bertha Jorkins, and extracted information from her regarding the whereabouts of Crouch's son. However, the breaking of the charm had caused a great toll on Bertha, and her body and mind was damaged beyond repair," Astrid said, squeezing her eyes shut and reciting the lines. She had spent hours remembering that paragraph, in hopes someone would finally help her.

Cedric paled and Aspen leaned back in his chair, brows furrowed. Cedric looked to Aspen for help, but Aspen glanced between Astrid and Cedric.

"No. You can't actually be considering this," Cedric snapped.

"We don't have any other choice," Aspen countered.

"No! No bloody way! I'm not letting anyone curse a charm out of my wife!" Cedric growled.

"Hey! My memory, I get to decide what to do with it. I say we get it back," Astrid snapped.

"You really memorized that entire paragraph, so we could do the same thing? Do you understand the risks?" Aspen asked.

"Yes, and I think we need someone to use the Cruciatus Curse on me."

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

A/N: HEY YALLLL! PLEASE GO CHECK OUT MY NEW GRAPHIC SHOP- BUTTERFLIES! TYSM FOR 43K READS :)