Chapter 21: Jolly Ranchers + Jealousy

Comincia dall'inizio

"Karl?" Karl hadn't even noticed George standing in front of him, waving his hand in his face.

"Ah! George!" Karl jumped back slightly, squeezing Nicks had subconsciously.

Karl scanned in front of him. Nick was talking with Dream, hand still holding Karls. Dreams hand was placed comfortably on Georges waist. The brits almost black eyes were filled with concern as he stared at his friend.

"Is everything alright?" He whispered.

Karl swallowed and nodded his head slowly. He knew the bell was going to ring soon a dismiss them to class, meaning he'd have to let go of Nicks hand. He wasn't a man of religion, but he was praying to whatever gods would listen that he would survive first hour alone, or so he thought.

"You ready for class Karl?" Dream asked, his green eyes sparkled with contagious positivity and confidence.

"What?" Karl asked confused looking away from George.

"We have history together, I literally sit right behind you," Dream laughed slightly.

"O-oh! Yeah I'm usually half asleep in that class, sorry!" Karl rubbed the back of his neck as he joined in on the contagious laughter.

The bell rang and Karl was pulled with unexpected force towards Nick. The football player dug his face into the crook of Karl's neck and squeezed the boy like they wouldn't see each other ever again. "Dream said he'd keep an eye on you for me but if anyone gives you shit, tell me, ok Karl?" Nick kept his voice low so people passing by wouldn't hear.

Karl nodded and hugged Nick back before trotting up to Dream. Dream was the type of person to radiate a blinding shade of yellow. Walking next to him felt warm, not like he radiated heat like Sapnap did, but he had an aura about him that made you feel better about yourself. Karl now understood why George constantly clung to Dream, he was basically dating a ball of sunshine.

Dream kept light casual banter the whole walk to class, thoroughly distracting Karl from the people staring at him. Karl could see the classroom door, they were so close when a girl cut him off. She gave Dream one of the fakest smiles Karl had ever seen. She smelled as if she had pickled herself in cheap perfume from Pink and her lips smacked annoyingly from the gum she was chewing. He had seen a her a few times.

"Karl, right?" She had piercing, cold blue eyes.

"Yeah, uhm, Jessica?" Karl flinched slightly when she tossed some of her fake blond hair over her shoulder.

"Yeah totally!" She gave a little cheer. "Listen I just wanted to like y'know! Be a good person and just warn you that, Nick is tots using you," She whispered the last bit.

"Jess," Dream started.

"Oh come on Dreamie, you're his bestfriend, you know he doesn't really like Karl," Jess playfully pushed the football captains shoulder, "Nick and I are meant for each other, have been since middle school," Jess turned her attention back to Karl. "I just don't want you to get heart broken or anything, y'know? He's probably just using you to make me jealous," She giggled a shrill note.

Dream pushed Karl behind him and bent down slightly to level with the cheerleader.

"The only person who's jealous," Dream growled, "Is you. If you know what's good for your reputation Jessica, you'll back off of Nick. He is very happy with Karl." Dream stood back up to his full height, grabbing Karl's wrist. "Oh and don't forget!" Dream laughed slightly and flashed a bright smile, "I can totally ruin your chances at prom queen with a few screen shots!"

And with that the two boys entered the classroom and took their seats. Karl opened his candy section of his bag and pulled out a watermelon jolly rancher, he was so nervous he needed something to just idly suck on.

"Yo, can I have a green apple one?" Dream whispered, eyes sparkling.

Karl nodded and handed the boy the small hard candy. It was scary how fast Dream could change from an easy, relaxed dude to one of the most defensive people he had ever met, and he was honored that Dream had stood up to that Jess girl for him.

The sugar addict slumped back into his desk and tried to focus on the teachers droning voice as the taste of watermelon overtook his mouth.

----------------

A/N: haha adhd go brrrrrr cant focus on writing. sorry this one took so long to get out! i think im gonna skip going through a whole week of filler again so be prepared for a 3 say time skip 🤪 ALSO BY THE TIME MOST OF YOU READ THIS WELL PROBABLY BE AT 3K VIEWS WHICH IS CRAZY! YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT AND VOTES AND LOVELY COMMENTS YOU GUYS LEAVE! THEY ALWAYS MAKE MY DAY AND THEY'RE THE FIRST THING I WAKE UP TO USUALLY!!!!

remember to drink water and occasionally touch some grass I know it can be difficult sometimes :)