Chapter IX: Wrath of the Rook

Mulai dari awal

The bottom of the polearm's handle slammed to the ground– a thunderous clang echoed through the cave and Childe's ears. Zhongli's eyelids were sealed, containing the rage he wished to unleash.

Trivial matters wouldn't enrage a man with such stature, with regards to the world and its history. But matters of the heart appeared to have revived a slumbering wrath, comparable to the catastrophic anger of a dragon.

"I can't bear to hear another word come out from you. We'll settle this right here. Right now."

"With what?"

"A contract."

Thoughts thrashed around his head as he tried to calculate the potential outcome of this. But knowing that Childe's heart sincerely yearned for the taste of battle, rational thought didn't quite exist at the moment. Also, no fucks were given when it came to consequences. It all came down to what Childe truly desires.

"When you lose, I'll be your escort to bring you off the world of the living. But if you win, you-"

"If I win...If I win..."

The deathly stare of Zhongli was demanding the Harbinger to quickly blurt out his answer.

"If I win..."

A pair of fists clenched as hard as they could, outbreaks of confidence gaining control over them.

"If I win, you'll have to hold my hand."

The two nodded their heads in agreement.

"I will show you the greatness of the Vortex Vanquisher, your first and last experience."

The echo of a droplet of water reverberated through the silence

The echo of a droplet of water reverberated through the silence...followed by the violent clashing of powerful weaponry.

The Vortex Vanquisher easily snapped Tartaglia's daggers in half– rifts in the air formed with each mighty swing. Tartaglia fished out his bow and showered Zhongli with Hydro arrows.

The wielder of the Vanquisher's deadpan face displayed the crippling ineffectiveness of Tartaglia's attacks– spinning his polearm at such blinding speed sent gusts towards the Harbinger.

He then immediately lunged forward, flinging the Vanquisher at Tartaglia's feet and kicking its handle; causing it to spin and barrel towards Tartaglia.