Chapter III: Celestial Kindness

After he marched off solemnly after completing his mission in Wangsheng Funeral Parlour, Childe headed into the wilderness of Liyue to heighten his combat capabilities, should a formidable foe go toe-to-toe with him. The moment he was about to depart from Liyue, an intriguing conversation caught his attention and he made a beeline straight to the source of the commotion.

"I must inform you that I need this at the moment urgently, if I must I will sign a contract with you as physical evidence to note of this purchase and my postponed payment. It truly is a sincere oversight that I have forgotten to bring any amount of Mora with me."

Exuberance erupted within Childe when he heard the voice of his acquaintance

Exuberance erupted within Childe when he heard the voice of his acquaintance. He hopped on over to greet Zhongli with a cheery grin as if all of the woes of the world's never existed.

"Ah, Zhongli! We meet again! How've you been?"

Zhongli averted his attention to face Tartaglia and though his face showed no clue of any form of emotion, Tartaglia could have sworn that his eyes lit up in the slightest.

"Childe? How fortunate of you to have come by at this dire moment. I require a substantial amount of Mora to satiate this gentleman's need for a prompt transaction."

He looks into Childe's eyes intensely once again, almost as if he were pleading with just his eyes. Childe lets out a hearty chuckle and holds out a pouch of Mora.

"Anything for a friend!"

Zhongli takes a step forward, his eyelids lowering ever so slightly and his moist lips inching closer to him. Childe backed up out of surprise instinctively, however, Zhongli persistently makes his way closer to the Harbinger. Childe was barely prepared for such a sudden moment as he wished to have saved his first with the charming man with the mahogany-tinted hair for a more meaningful occasion.

Zhongli seized his shoulders and Childe closed his eyes immediately. This was it. The Harbinger didn't expect to receive his acquaintance's gratitude in such an intimate and shameless fashion, but if he insists, then he had no say in it. It was what his body probed him to do the very moment they first caught sight of each other.

Zhongli approached Childe's face at an alarming rate and Childe could not wait to relish the deep and passionate kiss that they were about to share as friends and eventually as future lovers. The sapphire-eyed Fatui boy squeezed his lids shut and embraced himself for the imminent proclamation of affection.

"I promise to return the favour in the best way possible."

When the last word echoed into his eardrum, disappointment shattered his pounding heart. Zhongli turned back to the shopkeeper. But then a blinding hope flooded his systems shortly after. The best way possible? Could that mean...

Childe's "Mount Hulao" was already outstretched and upright, making it almost possible for the public to catch notice of his "Qingyun Peak" pushed against his pants. He rubbed his face with lingering disappointment. Truly he has embodied the very characteristics of an unadulterated simp. Once Zhongli had settled his matters with the shopkeeper, he joined Childe and they both agree to head out to the raw open landscape of Liyue.

"Here. I bought these for you. I believe they would suit you best."

He passed the items that he obtained for the shop earlier to Childe. Childe pondered. I paid for a gift that he wanted to get for me? Is this really a gift?

"!!!- Varunada Lazurite Gemstones! These are of am truly remarkable quality! How thoughtful of you, Zhongli!"

As Childe marvelled at the gemstones in all of their glorious majesty, Zhongli looked away.

A little smile made its way onto his face while listening to the praises Childe made repetitively.

"I may have paid for this but this is worth every piece of Mora!"

Childe slid the Gemstones back into the pouch they came from and turned to Zhongli, only to be met with the same stone-faced expression that he had come to be familiar with. They resumed their stroll and ventured together, a smile planted on one of their faces and another smiling from the heart.