Chapter 4 - Sleeping Beauty

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"You're just too good for your own good, Elvis."

I smirked at that. "Why, thank ya kindly."

He shook his head dismissively. He said that to me before, and I had always said the same thing back, like a cowboy would. I loved acting in that cowboy movie Love Me Tender. I liked westerns better than the romance movies. King Creole had to be my favorite, though. There was a lot of action and good music. The Location was amazing as well.

The car went on, and we made it to my last appointment. By the time I arrived back at the mansion, it was close to midnight. I crept inside, making my way up the stairs quietly as to not wake anyone up. The Colonel said I should have put the staff in one of the other house on the property, but I liked having them in the main house. I could deal with trying to be quiet.

I made it to my room and switched on the light. I halted when I saw my bed. There on my pink blanket lay Megan, fast asleep. I pursed my lips, making myself not let out a reaction.

After taking off my hat, I came up to the bed and knelt beside it like I was going to say a prayer. I stared at her slumbering face, and I heard little snores escape her. How doggon adorable. I noticed her position as she lay there on her side. The curve of her body showed, mainly her hip, making my pulse rise and heat creep up my neck. I forced myself to look back at her face.

How did she end up like this? Was she cleaning and decided to take a nap? Or...

She was a fan. What fan girl would avoid the opportunity to lay on their favorite star's bed?

I smirked at that, trying not to be vain about it. She probably was just dog-tired and collapsed onto the bed. I brought my hand up to her face and moved some of her lose hair away from it, hair that fell out of her bun as she slept. My gaze roamed all over her pretty face, then stopped at those lips. So pink, so inviting...

My heart leaped, and I stood up. No matter how attractive she was, how talented of a musician she was, or how concerned she was for me, she was off-limits.

I needed to do something about this. I looked around for a throw blanket. I found a blue one on one of the cushion chairs near a window. I gently draped the blanket over her, and I saw it settling over her petite and curvy form. I eyed her hip again.

I needed to get out. Quietly, I grabbed some clothes for the next day and left out the door, shutting it gently after turning off the light.

~ ~ ~

The faint sound of a piano playing suddenly filled my ears. I blinked a few times and saw a whole lot of pink. I gasped, alarm pulsing through me. I shot up, and a blue blanket toppled off of me. I looked around and realized where I was.

"Oh, heavens, no..."

I heard a tick tick tick, and I looked over at a clock sitting on a nightstand by the bed. I let out a gasp at the time. I bolted off the bed and out of the room, cantering down the hallways until I made it to mine and Mamma's room. Of course it would be empty since it was already passed eight. That piano filled my ears even more so.

He's home? Didn't he have to be somewhere this morning? Or am I confusing yesterday for today?

I rubbed my face, trying to wake myself up. My gaze went to the stand-up mirror. I gasped at the sight of myself. My whole light-purple uniform had wrinkles in it all over the place, including in the apron, and some hair was falling out of my bun. My makeup was smeared around my eyes as well. I groaned in dismay.

"I'm such a dad-gum idiot!"

I ran to the bathroom and washed off my face. I took a few minutes to re-do my hair and makeup. Nothing could be done about my dress... unless I went down to the laundry room and used the iron to get the wrinkles out before anyone could see me.