• 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐬 •

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, it's probably not gonna be that great of a school though" he said plainly, a small smile creasing onto his face when he heard a small chuckle from her, "so, how ya been?"

Valerie bashfully fiddled with her hair, though Hue wasn't a super affectionate person, it was the simple things like him asking how she was that made her really happy, even if most people wouldn't think of it as that big of a deal.

"I've bee good," Valerie then paused, remembering something "hey, you didn't respond to my messages yesterday, I was gonna call but I didn't wanna feel like a bother... were you busy?"

Fuck.

Huey wasn't sure what to say, yeah, he was busy, but the reason why made him feel guilty for not talking to his girlfriend. He had actually been on the phone with Jazmine, since they were both starting school the next day, they ended up talking about that for most of the evening; he had planned to text Valerie when he was done talking to his friend, but by the time to phone call had ended, it was late and Huey ended up falling asleep.

Of course, he couldn't tell her that.

"Yeah, sorry Val, Carrie had me workin' my ass off that night, she was stressin' more about my first day than I was, y'know?" he swiftly lied, hoping that Valerie would just take what he said at face value.

Valerie tilted her head, and blinked a bit before shrugging, "well, that's fine I guess, but next time try to respond" she hummed, Tahiry then standing up.

The other girl looked back at Kiren, who also got up, before walking ahead of the group, "well, let's go now! We don't wanna be late on our first day now do we?"

As the group walked, there was a lot of conversation between the others, well, apart from Huey and Kiren. Unlike Huey who was just being his regular quiet self, Kiren didn't feel like talking to them. He still wasn't friendly with them aside from Tahiry, and the only kids from Tigerlily that were going to Midbrook were Jay and Lucas N, but they couldn't walk with him today so he had to go with the group. He wasn't sure why Tahiry was forcing a friendship between him and the others when he really only care about her.

It wasn't long until the group had reached Downsent High School, it looked pretty much identical to the middle school division, save for a few extra buildings added hear and there. Valerie looked to her boyfriend and smiled, hugging him before placing a soft kiss on his cheek and pulling away, "I'll see you after school, okay?"

Huey nodded with a small grin, "yup, I'll come and pick you up"

She felt herself soften at the phrase, she then looked at Caesar, "well, I guess we should go in now?"

"Sadly," he muttered, before then waving at the other three, "see y'all later!"

They all said their goodbyes, watching as the two walked into the school conversing, and then turned around, Tahiry was the first to begin to skip forward "well, hurry up you two! School ain't gon' wait for us!"

The three walked their way to Midbrook, and as stated it wasn't that long nor tedious of a walk. When they stood outside of the school, all they had to do was look upon it to figure out this was going to be one ratchet ass school. A window was broken, most of the kids seemed like they were dressed for the club as opposed to school, there were kids smoking near the entrance and there was already a fight happening further down near a grassy area.

Yeah, this school finna be ghetto as hell.

The three took a simultaneous breath before then walking in, "did y'all remember to bring those schedules we was sent? If I remember right Ion think we got any classes together today.