Season 10

Chelsea is speechless at Charlie's sudden arrival, as well as Tom and Edward. After hearing his wholly confessing about missing her, she decides to give him another chance. In the end, it's hard to stay mad at Charlie. However, they decide that it's best for them to postpone the wedding and work on their relationship.

In regards to Alan's legal battle against Judith, there were tense moments, but it ultimately goes in his favor, unlike the last time. A new agreement has been reached and he no longer has to pay alimony. A few days later, he gets the biggest surprise of all time. Judith's parents call him to say that she will remain at their place to recover. So in other words, Alan can move back to his own house and stay with Jake. He went outside and screamed his lungs out in celebration.

He is not the only Harper with good news. After completing an internship, Jake announces that he has been accepted to a big culinary school in California. He decides to celebrate by getting drunk, something which he regrets in the morning. He later decides to come to his grandparent's house and have a conversation with his mother. He kept going there as she recuperated.

Meanwhile, Herb decides to rent an apartment as he looks for a better place to live. He is a little sad to bid farewell, but the two brothers tell him that he can come back anytime.

As for Evelyn, she has been acting more humane and nurturing recently, but to her pleasure retains some of her sarcastic personality to her sons.

The season ends with Alan and Jake moving out of Charlie's house, which takes a toll on him. At night, while Berta is in the house, Charlie is outside on the deck with Chelsea, and as she goes to the bathroom, Charlie hears the doorbell. To his delight, he sees Alan, Jake, Frankie, and Joanie asking if they could come in. Charlie of course answers sarcastically but eagerly welcomes them. Then behind them, Herb enters who wanted to get some dating advice from Charlie and later Rose, who was invited by Chelsea. Evelyn also comes out and jokingly says that she has come to ruin their day. Everyone goes out on the deck to chatter, including Berta. Charlie and Alan go through their usual banter and decide to go outside as well. While Charlie has his arm around Alan, he blesses God for how fortunate he was. Then he starts making fun of his brother, something that never got old.