"I'll get it," he said.

"No, you know, I can get it, it's-" Meredith started.

"Laundry room," Thatcher smiled, heading towards the kitchen to get to the laundry room. Meredith sat back down.

"I keep forgetting," Meredith said quietly.

"What?" Derek asked.

"It's his house," Erin replied for her sister, knowing exactly how she was feeling.

"Do you think he's okay?" Meredith asked. They'd been sat in the dark for at least ten minutes now.

"He'll find it," Susan said, but she didn't exactly sound very sure of her husband's abilities.

"He probably can't see. There's a flashlight in the closet," Meredith made a move to stand up but Derek put his hand on her shoulder.

"I'll go get it," he said.

"Okay," Meredith agreed.

"Excuse me," he smiled and left the room. Meredith sighed.

"I'm sorry," she said to Susan.

"It's going fine," Susan said.

"Can I break the good stuff out yet, Mermaid?" Erin said. Meredith nodded and Erin stood up, walking to the kitchen. Izzie was still bustling around but she'd lit a candle. Erin opened the alcohol cupboard and pulled out the tequila.

"Shot glasses are all in the laundry room," Izzie said.

"Why?" Erin asked.

"I measured out washing powder into them for optimum sized washing powder washed clothes," Izzie said.

"Are they clean, at least?" Erin rolled her eyes.

"Yes, I washed them in the sink in there," she said. Erin sighed and walked to the laundry room, seeing Thatcher sat in the rocking chair while Derek messed with the fuse box.

"Derek, can I lend your flashlight?" Erin asked.

"Yeah, why?" he asked.

"Izzie's being weird with my shot glasses and I need a drink after the day I've had," Erin sighed. She grabbed the flashlight and spotted the shot glasses on top of the draining boards. She grabbed them and put the flashlight back down.

"How was work?" Thatcher said. Erin looked at him.

"Me or Derek?" she asked.

"You," Derek and Thatcher chorused.

"Uh... Work was... Work was fine," Erin said slowly. "Derek, did you tell him something?" Erin looked at him.

"I told him asking about work would be a start to having an actual conversation with you two," Derek smirked at her. She rolled her eyes.

"Yes, I'm sure talking about cutting open human bodies over dinner is an excellent idea. I like reading. Meredith, well, work is the way to go for her," Erin said. Thatcher nodded and watched her leave the room. She walked back into the dining room, seeing Cristina was now sat at the table. "Oh, hey, Cristina. We don't need a fake emergency," Erin said.

"No, I know, I'm having a real one. Pour me a shot and make it fast," Cristina whined. Erin nodded and poured her a shot before giving Meredith the bottle. She took a sip straight from the top and handed it to Erin. The lights flickered on and Erin smiled.

"I have to go back to work," Derek hurried into the dining room, kissing Erin's hairline and Meredith's lips. "Sorry. It was lovely meeting you, Susan," he said.