Ch 2: So you finally called?

~~~~~~~~~recap~~~~~~~~
"Can I have your phone number?" I said in my normal, cold voice without thinking.
I gently let go of his skeletal wrist and heard him giggle in a slightly sad tone. He fished for his phone in his pocket before opening it and handed it to me. I hesitantly took it from him and slowly typed in my number in his contacts.
"By the way I left my phone at the ba- I mean my home! So uhh can you call me when your home?"
I asked while scratching the back of my neck, and handing him his phone back. His pointy fingertips brushed against my cold palm, as he retrieved his phone and put it back into his pocket. He nodded at me with an unreadable expression and turned on his heel before walking off into the darkness.

In this AU Dabi, Toga, Spinner and Mr.Compress joined the LOV a lot earlier in the story. I'm sorry I know it doesn't make sense, but because our cinnamon roll met Dabi in middle chool I had to add this change! I'm sorry again.
Anyways enjoy :)
-

Izuku POV

I kept replaying my conversation with that man, Touya, in my mind as I took the long root to my cold apartment. I lived there with my mum - Inko Midoriya.

As my bullying worsened throughout the lonely decade, so did her worry for my sake. Eventually, after years of pleading me to tell her why I had numerous burns across my body, she gave up. She stopped trying. And we slowly drifted apart, to the point we would treat eachother like strangers on the streets. I hated it, and I could tell she did too. She still cared for me and sometimes called to check up on me, but it wasn't the same. I longed to see her smile, as she cheerfully cooked dinner for the both of us, but things have changed and so have we.

I gently took the silver keys out of my back pocket, as I neared the one place I wish I didn't call home. It's not that I hated my mum, in fact it was quite the opposite. I just hated seeing her in the miserable state she was, all because of me. I felt guilty for her pain.

Slowly, I twisted the key anti-clockwise and held a tight grip on the metal handle. Without another thought, I cautiously opened the door - it gave off a high-pitched creek before I gently pushed it closed. As I was passing the main room, I saw her, my mum was fast asleep on the couch.

Lifting her up, I realised how light she had gotten, thanks to several missed meals, but I pushed the thought away and carried her to her room. I landed a soft kiss on her forehead, when she was tucked in under the warm blanket. She had left me a small bowl of soba noodles on the kitchen counter, so I placed it in the microwave.

Beep, beep, beep.

I carefully reached to take the bowl out, but felt a burning sensation on the tip of my finger.
"Owch!" I yelped, but not loud enough to wake my mum up.

After I cleaned my empty bowl and put it back in the cupboard, it was already 5:24. Suddenly, I realised I hadn't treated my sore body, and was sprinting to the bathroom to get the first aid kit. I put a small band-aid on my nose to help cover the cut, and then rubbed some cream on the red mark near my stomach.

My encounter with Touya somehow slithered its way into my thoughts, and I hurriedly grabbed my phone and gave a call to the new number in my contacts.

H = Dabi

After a few moments, I heard the same enchanting voice I did earlier today,

"So you finally called?" He said with slight enthusiasm.
"S...sorry for not c...calling sooner." I said apologetically.
"That's fine." He responded reassuringly.
"Hm." I hummed signalling for him to continue.
"So you free today?" He asked.
"I suppose?" I stuttered, unsure of my response.
"Alright, would you like to meet me at ------------ Park?" I heard him question.
I weighed my options and decided to respond with a simple,
"S...sure."
"I'll see you there at 6:00. Bye then."
"Bye."
"Hm."

Dabi POV

After the kid left, I turned around and headed to the base, still smoking along the way. Something about the kid, he reminded me of Shouto before I left and seemed to be around his age. But what I saw in his eyes haunts me, I could see years of grief and a whirlpool of nothing but utter despair. And something else, I could sense a slowly rising fire of hatred and vengeance. I wanted to know more about the kid, that's why I gave him my number.

When I reached the base, I was greeted by Toga, jumping on my back and asking in her usual, annoying, girly voice,
"Where have you been~?"
I took her clinging hands off me and groaned,
"No where. I was just out on my cigarette break."
She pouted and put a finger on her chin,
"Alright Mr. Grumpy! By the way, Shiggy and the others are out, so they won't be back until 12!"
I rolled my eyes and said,
"Why do I need to know?"
She giggled at my response and replied,
"I just wanted to let you know that your going to have to take care of the base, because I'm off to go kill cya~"

And with that she left and I was all alone again, well I would of have been with Kurogiri, but I suppose he left with Shigaraki. So there I was alone. I decided to wait for Midoriya's phone call while listening to some music, I was about to give up - I mean who calls a stranger they met in an alleyway? But then my phone started vibrating and I heard the familiar ringtone. Grabbing the phone excitedly I enthusiastically questioned,

"So you finally called?"

And I oOoP- okay thank you for reading this it really means a lot to me YvY

Should I continue the story?

Do you have any suggestions
for future chapters?

Do you want me to include some of your characters in the story?

1068 words