2

Chapter 2

"Hey, Lou!" I lifted my gaze when I heard the sound of Latch calling. His annoying smirk, as what Elle and Mari always describe, flashes before me. My steps halted a bit as I wait for him to catch up. My class just ended and he saw me walking along the corridor.

I shake my head as I watch him. "You look like you did something that will make your older sister kill you,"

He laughed at my words and just winked. "You mean both her and Elle?"

Soft chuckles escaped my lips at his words. He's going to get beaten up like always. He probably did something again with Elle's friends.

"You're sweating," I noticed. Swiftly, I took out my handkerchief from my pocket and automatically wipe his forehead. He lets me do it, used with how we all take care of each other. When done, he grabbed my handkerchief and threw his own to me.

"Use mine now. I'll give this back to you once I have it cleaned," he uttered before grabbing my books from me. "Are you going to our usual place?"

I just nodded, didn't even bother to respond. I tried diverting my attention away from him as I noticed how the students are once again looking at us. I'm not used to the attention but whenever I am with the others, it's impossible to hide from the stares of everyone.

Because of our parents, we always have to live in the eyes of everyone. They watch our every move so, at times, we tend to act very calculatedly. I hated that. I hate that a lot.

Without lifting my gaze, I just followed him. We even saw Atlantis along the way. It's past two in the afternoon. Most of us don't have classes at this time. Back then, it was harder to meet but as we fully learn the ropes, we were able to adjust as we choose our schedules.

"Lou, how do you feel?" I turned on my right and saw Lan smiling at me. My heart fluttered a bit when I saw her smile. She really looks a lot like aunt. Once again, I nodded. She pinched my cheeks and smiled even more.

"Lou, come here," my brother saw me and I timidly walked to his direction. Latch carefully put down my books on the table before messing my hair. I wasn't even able to thank him because I heard Elle's voice from afar.

"Don't even think about running!"

We all laugh as we watch the two running around with Elle chasing Latch while Latch not even bothering to slow down. He knows Elle will beat him really well.

"That is one of the reasons why I am glad you are my sister," I heard my brother. I saw him pushing a box closer to me. Upon reaching, a smile escaped my lips when I saw a slice of cake inside.

"Thank you," I told him before grabbing the disposable fork on top of the tissue. He just nodded. He said something which I don't even understand before I saw him standing up.

I don't even have to check what he's about to do because I very well knew what he's up to. My assumption was proven correct when I heard Lan's voice from the opposite table.

"Did you bring the book?" she asked my brother.

I stopped listening and focused on my cake instead.

I like eating sweets so my brother spoils me with them. And yeah, Y. He also buys me a lot of my favorites.

Feeling my phone vibrating, I put down my fork and took it out of my bag. I read the message and saw one of my block mates asking for my notes on one of our subjects. Shrugging my shoulders, I responded to him and told him where I was. I smiled when he teased me about having for having the best writing that's why he always asks for my notes.

Just right after I hit the send button, I turned my head on my right when I felt someone sitting right in.

My heart almost leaps out of my chest when I realize who it was - Y.

He was sitting with his legs in between the bench, his face a little too close to mine. His hands were pressed between his legs as his body leans too close to mine. His brows furrowed, lips a little puckered and the moment I followed his gaze, I realized that he was looking at my phone.

"Who's that?" he asked. Since he was too close, I swear I almost felt his breath brushing my skin, I almost shiver. Unintentionally, I can't help but stare at his beautiful face. For a moment, I was caught off-guard. His eyes, I can see stars on them. They were shining like he was watching oceans of lights in front of it.

Were they normally like this?

I have long realized how ethereal he looks. Not only him but every one of them looks dashing. That shouldn't be surprising because of our parents. But at some moments, I can't help but still be amazed by their visuals.

For a moment, I was in a daze but maybe it was the noise around us that took me off of my own trance. At that, I moved back a little, too stunned. I suddenly felt nervous.

The moment I moved, his eyes met mine. It was as if he was seeing something on my face that he looked out of focus for a moment.

I heard Latch screaming in pain. Y probably got distracted and he finally seems to realize how weird our position was and I saw how his eyes widened a bit before moving back a little. I wasn't sure if it was simply my imagination or maybe it was just a little hot to where we are but his cheeks seem to flush red.

"Oh, sorry," he quickly apologizes. He sat properly now, facing the table like how I was sitting. His hands were clasped together and I saw him gulp before tilting his head as if avoiding my gaze.

"You were smiling, so..." he scratches the back of his head but I can still hear every single word he says. "I mean, I got curious,"

I smiled at his words and reached for his cheeks. Y looks adorable. The moment my hand touches his skin; he flinches before turning his attention back to me. His cheeks were still red. Perhaps he felt hot. It's still the afternoon so the heat coming from the sun is somehow tolerable but that might not be the case for him.

"It's one of my block mates. He wanted to borrow my notes," I told him.

"He?" he asked.

"Yes. He usually borrows my notes since last year," I informed him. At that, he started nodding. I grab the fork once again so I can finish the cake. Remembering Y, I looked at him and asked if he wants a bite.

He shakes his head before looking at Elle and Latch who are still chasing each other. I wonder if they ever get tired?

He was tapping his finger on the table as if he was thinking about something. Just then, he turned his attention back at me, his brows furrowed as if something is bothering him.

"So, are you letting him borrow your notes?" he suddenly asked. He looked stressed out.

"Yeah? We're meeting later so I can give it to him,"

"Where?"

"The café across the university gates, why?"

"Let me go with you. I'm craving a cup of coffee!" I was startled when I heard him exclaimed. He cleared his throat before scratching his forehead.

"You don't usually drink coffee," I told him as a matter of fact, a little confused at what he said.

"I don't hate it either. Anyway, I'm still going. I'm going to buy mom some sweets,

Even though still a bit confused, I just agreed. My brother still has a class later so Y will probably send me home too. It's nothing unusual. At that, I smiled at him and started nodding. I finished the cake as he asks me questions about how my day went. We also watch how Mari threw her book to Latch when she arrives.

We all had fun as we wait for others to go to class. At some point, Y and Mari started quarreling again but it's not something new.

Being with everyone like this, life is actually a little more bearable.