three

"Grugg?" Ugga studderd. We were all staring at the wall in front of us in pure amazement because we had never seen anything like it before. As we got closer we could tell this was not something that could have just appeared. Curiosity took ahold of us leading Grugg to break open a small part of the wall just big enough for all of us to fit through

The sun had just risen, casting a yellow glow over the rows and rows of fruit planted in perfect lines in front of us. Behind the fruit there was a tree bigger than any of us had seen before. The whole area was surrounded by lush gardens and beautiful rivers. The amount of food presented to us was more than enough to drive us all into an eating rage. We had not eaten for days so as soon as Grugg gave us the clear, we ate everything in our path. It was not until now that we began to notice that all the fruit was planted in perfectly straight lines. In the near distance we say two figures walking towards us.

"Kill circle!!" Grugg shouted, hints of fear in his voice. We all collected ourselves into a dense circle, picking up whatever possible weapons we saw laying near us. We were surprised when we saw two people walking out of the shadows, standing feet away from us.

"I thought all the cave people went extinct years ago!" said the girl.

"Hello... we are pleased to meet you, we are the Bettermans," said the other one. He was using his words as if he was talking to someone who had never learned how to speak. We all looked at them like they were crazy. Why were they talking like this to us?

"Hey, we are the Croods," Grugg replied. They looked embarrassed but also surprised at the same time.

"Oh you can talk! We didn't think you could, our bad," they looked at all of us but their eyes stopped when they got to Guy. It almost looked like they knew him somehow. The girl slowly walked toward us, with her eyes still on Guy.

"Phil, you will never guess who it is..." she looked Guy up and down a few more times before saying, "Guy?"

"Hope... Phil??" Guy said. Before anyone could react he sprang forward giving the two strangers a hug as if he had met them before.

"Guys! These are my parents' closest friends! I never thought I would be able to see you guys again! The last time I saw them was right before my parents died." I had never really put thought into how Eep found Guy. I would never have guessed that any of his old friends were still around, but then again he never really told us about his past. The rest of the day was spent with the Bettermans showing us around their giant treehouse. We met Dawn, another one of Guy's old friends. We all had our own rooms, Guy and I were the only ones that seemed to appreciate that. They also had things called showers, where you could wash off and come out smelling like vanilla and mint. I liked it at the Bettermans. We were never hungry and everything seemed to go smoother.

We had been there for almost two days but Guy and Eep were still ignoring each other. None of their fights had gone on this long. Grugg could not be happier about their constant fights to say the least. Even though I hated when they fought, I enjoyed all the extra time I got to spend with Guy.