twelve

~*~*~

~*~*~

"i need to think of a halloween costume."

~*~*~

"why do people feel the need to put gum under the table?" asked james with a look of disgust on his face as he held his hand out in front of him like it was poisonous.

"because people in this school are disgusting," answered cassie, she pulled her bag up to her lap and passed him hand sanitizer she had on her at all times.

"thanks," said james, still looking extremely uncomfortable at what had just happened.

"you're welcome," said cassie, finding the situation more funny than anything else.

"could i borrow another book?" asked
james after he'd recovered from the gum incident.

"already?" asked cassie with mock amazement to which james rolled his eyes. cassie grinned to herself and jotted her name and arithmancy at the top of her parchment, "i'll get you one."

"i've left the one you gave me in my dorm but i'll get it at lunch for you," said james, who perked up when the professor began the lesson, cassie looked at him for a few moments longer and then to the professor.

cassie hadn't ever noticed this before, but the seats in the classes were really close. her knee kept on touching james' unintentionally and every time she pulled her knee back it just went back to touching his. james seemed unfazed by the whole thing.

only he wasn't. james' hand raked through his hair nervously as he felt her knee against his. it felt like an electric shock and he actually got a shiver up his spine which attracted her attention.

"it's cold in here," said james, cassie looked at him curiously and nodded, just going along with his sudden comment.

the two, like the rest of the class, kept silent for the remainder of the lesson. it was still in the back of cassie's mind - the contact between the two. it took her back to when she and michael were at the crushing stage of their relationship. it was such an incredible feeling when someone you liked made that small contact, even if they didn't intend to, cassie could hardly believe she used to feel such things for a guy like him.

"what are you going as for halloween?" asked james as they packed up their stuff at the end of class.

"dressing up? i don't do dressing up," said cassie with a chuckle of derision at his question.

"boring," tutted james as he got up from his seat, cassie following.

"what are you dressing up as?" asked cassie as she put her bag on her shoulder.