Chapter 70 - The Kidnapping

Start from the beginning

"I don't want your help. Don't you understand? I have to do this. I have to kill you or-or he is gonna kill her" Draco said crying and Dumbledore was shocked.

Harry looked at me again and I didn't budge my gaze from Draco.

"Well done, Draco" Bellatrix said and kissed Draco's shoulder, which Draco didn't like a bit. He was disgusted that his aunt was proud that he was about to kill someone.

"Do it! Kill him" Bellatrix said and Draco looked down. He saw me and his face lost all his colors. He told me not be out of bed. He told me to stay in my dorm. He asked for a promise and I broke it.

I saw Draco, he was crying and his hand was shaking. I knew he didn't want to do it. If I would've been up there, then he wouldn't do it. I had to go up, I didn't care what would happen to me, he needs me.

I turned around to go up, but the minute I did, Snape stopped me. He put his finger on my lip, gesturing that Harry and I need to keep our mouths shut. Harry pointed his wand at him but I pushed his hand down. I joined my hands and pleaded in front of Snape.

He walked up the stairs and said, "No!"

Draco quickly turned around and dropped his hand.

It was quiet for a moment. No one saying a word. No one was moving. Draco looked at me once again and I had tears in my eyes, so did he. He shook his head in disappointment and looked at Snape.

"Severus, please" Dumbledore pleaded.

Why was he pleading? Snape was there to help him, wasn't he?

"Avada Kedavra" he said and Dumbledore fell off the Astronomy Tower.

I gasped and Harry quickly covered my mouth.

How could he do that? I know I pleaded him to help Draco, but I thought he'd do something other than killing Dumbledore. I though he was on our side. But I guess, Sirius was right. He told us in our 4th year-

No one stops being a Death Eater.

Draco looked at me one last time, while my gaze was fixed at where Dumbledore stood.

Harry and I froze for a few minutes, we didn't move, nothing. The both of us had our gazes on the floor above us.

Harry ran behind the Death Eaters and I stopped him.

"Harry, no!" I yelled but he didn't listen.

My first thought was Dumbledore. I ran to out of the tower and towards where his body had fallen. A few students had gathered around him already.

"Move!" I said and they all turned around. I had been crying already and all night. The minute they saw me, they made a way.

I ran to his body and kneeled down near him. I put my forehead on his and let a tear fall on him.

I could bring him back, couldn't I?

I waited for him to flutter open his eyes but nothing. I tried again but nothing. My tries were unsuccessful. I looked up and saw Harry kneel down near me. He knew that I could bring him back that was the only reason that he went behind the Death Eaters and left me with Dumbledore. He looked at me with hope in his eyes, I shook my head no and he broke down.

Dumbledore was like a father to Harry. He meant everything to him. I put a hand on his shoulder and pulled him in for a hug. My hand was on his neck, while his was on my waist and the other on Dumbledore's chest. The pair of us cried while the whole school gathered and put their wands up in the air as a tribute.

The next day, we all gathered for Dumbledore's funeral. The whole night, we all spent it with Harry in his dorm. Everyone had been crying. The castle would never be the same. Never. He may have been a little cruel with me regarding Rose and Austin, yet I knew whatever he did was to keep me safe.